I put her on that shit

"don't worry about that." I made a face and shrugged my shoulders. "yo, I am not gonna keep on giving you these shit Rue." I turned my head to the left to see Rue with some guy arguing about something. "Rue." I called out. "what are you doing here Miya." she questions. "I wanted to buy something, and your mother said to be back home before dinner." I said. "I can't make it." she huffs. "why not. you had promised." I furrowed my eyebrows. "because I can't okay? stop with all of these questions." I rolled my eyes. but before I can leave the guy says something. "Rue, go on head and have dinner with your family. you're gonna miss it one day." he said taking a big puff of weed. 

Rue walked up to his face. "fuck you okay." she angrily said while pointing a finger in his face. Rue walks off while knocking off the candy rack. I looked back at them and awkwardly laughed. "i'm sorry about her, I do not know what's gotten into her lately. trust me she was never like this." I sighed. "we know. it's my fault though." I looked back at the guy who took another puff of weed. "how." I asked. "I put her on that shit." I furrowed my eyebrows. "what shit." "drugs and all that stuff." he said while taking another smoke of weed. "are you serious? you've been providing that girl drugs knowing damn well her father just passed away." I shook my head. 

"yo, she came to me asking for it. no matter how many times I said no. she snuck behind my back and took it anyway." I sighed. I looked back at Ashtray and shook my head. "I can't believe you guys got my cousin addicted to this shit man." "chill out. it wasn't any of our fault, me and fez did what we could and she just got sneaky over time." he said crossing his arms. "I think y'all should stay away from her. she doesn't need to condone any of this shit." I said angrily taking my chips and soda then leaving. 

making my way home. "i'm home auntie." I yelled out. "good. dinners ready." I went to put my chips and soda down in Gia's room and went back to the dining room. taking a seat I looked at Rue. she looked back at me but then looked away, she was upset. great. my auntie places our dinner on the table. "so how was everyone's day." she asked. I looked down on my plate and didn't answer, my day was horrible after attending my mothers funeral it kinda just stuck with me all today. she saw how I reacted and apologize. "Rue, you didn't give her condolences." Gia says taking a bite of her food. "I'm sorry. I totally forgot about her passing away." Rue says awkwardly. I nodded. "its fine." 

"you mother will always bring joy into everybody's heart Miya." my auntie said, her eyes start to water. "I don't want anybody crying. it's summer, we suppose to have fun okay." I giggled. everybody else did as well. expect Rue. after Dinner was done Rue called me over into her room. "yeah Rue?". "look, about the drugs that i'm doing. I don't want a single word spread to my mother. you hear me." Rue said looking angry. "i'm so fucking serious Miya." she said again. "fine I won't. I don't like how you are now Rue, this was never you." I said before leaving her room.