What kinda name is that

"Rue." I made my way to her and gave her the biggest hug. "okay Miya." she said trying to push me off. "you Cleary don't miss me." I said putting my hands onto my hips. "I do. it's just I have something to do." she laughed awkwardly. "be back before dinner Rue." "yeah I will." she said opening the door. "i'm serious Rue." my auntie yelled. "okay mom." she sighed heading out. I looked back at Gia. "what's up with her." I asked curiously. "oh. she's always been like that since our dad passed away." Gia said it like it was nothing. I nodded and went to the kitchen. "what you cooking." I asked. "something fast and easy." she chuckled. "whatever you cook tastes delicious anyway." I complimented her. "aww thank you baby." she smiled widely.

I nodded. I put my hands into my pocket and felt that I had money. I just remembered my brother gave me 20 dollars that I was suppose to spend on the movie but it got canceled. good thing I still had it saved. "auntie." I called out. "yeah." she answered. "can I go to the corner store real quick." I asked closing my eyes, praying she says yes. "yeah that's fine. and can you do me the favor and tell Rue dinner is almost ready." I furrowed my eyebrows to how she knew Rue will be there. I shrugged. "okay." I said before leaving. walking to the corner. it looked like it had a lot of things here.

I hummed as I made my way inside the store. walking around I decided I wanted to buy some hot fries and a soda. getting the chips and soda, I walked up to the register. "will that be all." a white looking boy asks. "yeah." I nodded. "that will be 5 dollars." he says opening the register. I gave him the 20 dollar bill. he handed me 15 dollars back. "thank you." he nods. before I leave I hear Rue's voice. I looked back at the boy. "happen to know who Rue is." I asked. "depends on who's asking." he licked his lips. "her cousin." I made a face. "alright. chill with all the attitude." he says closing the register. "excuse me. I don't think I had an attitude." I rolled my eyes. "you Cleary do shorty." he chuckles while licking his lips. "just answer my question. because Cleary you're getting on my nerves." I said huffing. "yes, I do. what you want with her." he questions. "I need to tell her something." I replied.

He pulls out his phone and dials a number. "yo fez. some shorty calling for Rue." I looked at him and rolled my eyes. "alright. hurry because it look like she go attack me." he chuckles before hanging up. "you think you got jokes huh." I asked tilting my head. "what can I say. i'm just a funny guy." he shrugs. I shook my head and snatched my chips and soda. "you don't want a bag." he asks. "I don't need one." I said. "well while we wait. what's your name." he asked out of the blue. "Miya. what about you." I asked. "Ashtray. but call me Ash." "what kinda name is that." I furrowed my eyebrows.