We're friends for right now

"Ima head over to Ash place, wanna come?". Gia asks. I made a face and cleared my throat. "Y'all talking again." I asked unsure about their situation. "Sort of. We're friends for right now." She said before heading back into her room. I went into the bathroom and took a deep breath. I decided to text my brother since I haven't heard from him in a while.

Jay 💙

Me: hey ugly

Jay💙: Wsp sis, what's going on?

Me: nun just chilling rn. Everything's been alright

Jay💙: and auntie?

Me: she's good

Jay💙: what about Rue and Gia?

Me: they Ight, idk about Rue though

Jay💙: I hope she good, I heard about all them drugs she's been doing. Man that shit through me off.

Me: ikr it blew me too, I was so close with her. Now it's just blank, she acts like I don't exist anymore.

Jay💙: yeah, but what do you expect. Momma was like that to Miya

Me: ikik, I'm trying to fix our bound but she's too busy meeting up with those drugs dealer friends of hers

Jay💙: Ik u better not be hanging with them folks now Miya

I stood there for over two minutes rereading over my brothers message. I wasn't hanging with them but somehow Ashtray always pops up into the picture out of nowhere.

Jay 💙: ?

Me: I'm not, I gotta go ttyl ❤️

Jay 💙: alright love u ❤️

Making my way out the bathroom Gia comes up to me with a big smile. "How do I look." She asks twirling around showing me her outfit. "You look nice." I said. "What are you wearing." She asks. "Some joggers and a crop top." I shrug. "Oh okay." Gia makes a face. Heading into her bedroom I got my clothes and changed.

Putting on my crocs, Gia and I walked to Ashtray's house. "Girl I'm scared." Gia squeals. I rolled my eyes and knocked onto the door. "Yo what's up Gia." Fez says opening the door. "Yo what's good Miya." Fez daps me up. "Chilling right now." I nod. "Who's at the door." Ash says making his way to the living room.

His eyes fell upon mine and we made eye contact. Until Gia ruins the moment by stepping in front of me. "Hey Ash." Gia waves. "Yo." He says with a nod. "What brings y'all here." Fez asks us. "Ash wanted to chill." Gia says happily. Fez furrows his eyebrows and chucked. "Okay." "Come." Ash says to Gia as she follows him. "Leave that door open Ash, no funny business man." Fez says inhaling his weed.

"Why you here." He asks. "She wanted me to tag along I don't know why." I shrugged as I sat down onto the couch. "Were you aware that they used to talk." I asked curiously. "Yeah, everyone knew." He coughed. "They was that known." I asked. "Yeah, they was that couple. I don't really know why they broke up to be honest." He sighed.

"Go be in that room with them before they do anything please." I giggled making my way into an open room door. "Fez said for me to come in here." I sighed taking a seat onto a chair he had in a corner of his room. Ash huffs and turns on his PlayStation. "Are you for real right now Ashtray." Gia complains. "Yeah, what's wrong." He furrows his eyebrows. "A man can't play the game." He asks.

"I thought you wanted to chill. I'm out." Gia says leaving his room. "Bro what the fuck, this is why nobody can try to fix things with her ass dawg." He sighs rubbing his face. Ash looks up at me and sighs.