Chapter 307: A Grand Debut (pt. II)

Start from the beginning

Thankfully, they weren't as famous there as they were in the Kingdom of Alfrione. Otherwise, it surely would cause a commotion. Even then, it didn't stop the audience to talk about them, and some... were talking about a different topic.

"Hey, should we report that man to the authorities? He just robbed us blind!"

"But he's damn scary... Those eyes looked like they had killed before..."

"Hey! He's just a brat! Why are you so afraid?!"

Screaming whilst whispering, the betters planned to report Grey to the colosseum officials to get their money back. Yet however quiet they try, Lisandra could still hear them clear as day, soon heaving a lengthy and exasperated sigh.

"I wouldn't continue that if I were you. Trust me, you don't want to go against the two of them. You'll be crushed immediately." [Lisandra]

"Hah?! Who do youー Y-Your Highness?!"

The man couldn't even finish his statement, panic striking his heart as soon as he realized who he just shouted at. They had just noticed, but the one who had been sitting behind them was the Second Princess of the Kingdom.

Realizing that fact, the man then trembled and kneeled to the ground, his head low as one can be. After all, offending or insulting Royalty was a heavy crime. He could get his head chopped off if he were to make even a single mistake.

She had always been watching at the Royal Chambers so they never thought she was the one sitting behind

"""F-Forgive us for our impudence, Y-Your Highness! We were wrong!"""

They all quickly apologized towards Lisandra, not daring to look at her in the eyes. Some people overheard their conversation, but knowing that Royalty was involved, they didn't dare to take a look behind or eavesdrop. They were quiet as the dead.

"Haah... Just don't try to mess with them. Is that clear?" [Lisandra]

"""Yes, ma'am!!"""

They had just started planning and their plans were already burned to the ground. With teary and lifeless eyes, they looked at the arena again. The gladiators were already present and the duel was about to start.

Unlike Yuna's opponent, the one in front of Grey was quite calm and collected, not underestimating him despite his youth. He carefully analyzed the young man, his eyes scrutinizing every nook and cranny of his body. From his posture to his subtle gestures, he didn't bat his eyes.

Well, not like Grey wanted a noisy opponent like Yuna's anyway. He was happy to have a level-headed opponent, and he was a D-ranker as well. He has yet to figure out how they are matched, but he was quite happy to have gotten a strong opponent.

"This is my first time fighting you, but I'll be in your care." [Tiller]

"Same here. I'm looking forward to our fight." [Grey]

They have exchanged their greetings and the stage has also been repaired by the earth mages. The announcer looked at the two of them and...

"Let the fight... begin!"

... His voice once again rang in the air. Though, a complete opposite of the round before it, neither Grey nor Tiller rushed towards one another. Rather, they simply observed one another's movements, trying to find a gap in defense... Or at least that's what Tiller was doing.

Rather than observing, Grey was simply mimicking the one before him to see how gladiators really fight, and while he was at it, he used "Multitask" to think about what he would be buying with the bet money he just earned.