Arc 2 chapter 2: recollection

Kikyou and I were in bed, our exposed body's touching under the sheet.

Kikyou had her arm across my chest, and her sizeable, soft breasts pushed against my arm. It was a pleasant feeling.

I was smoking a cigarette from a packet that Chabashira had given me. Usually, I'd roll my own, but it would be unnecessary hassle right now.

"Jeez, Kiyotaka...can you not smoke near me? It's bad for my lungs," she complained.

I put the cigarette out in the ash tray beside the bed.

"Kiyotaka, can I ask you a question?" Kikyou asked.

"Go ahead," I said.

"How did you get those?" She asked, pointing to my chest.

She was obviously referencing my scars.

"You wanna know how I got these scars?" I replied.

(2nd Dark Knight reference in 2 chapters POGGIES)

She nodded.

"Well, for that, we're gonna have to go back a bit..." I explained.

*flashback VFX*

"So, you understand the mission?" Asked my father.

"Yes. Infiltrate the building via parachute, kill Akira Shikekazu, and bring the stolen money. Eliminate all witnesses," I confirmed.

"Yes. Do the name of Ayanokouji proud," he said.

The name of Ayanokouji was built on the white room, the place where I had lived for the past 10 years, where I was trained to be the perfect human, leader and assassin by my father and other great minds.

I didn't hate it, but I wish I could be allowed to do my own thing more often.

I was speaking to him through the earpiece and microphone from the helicopter. The pilot, a woman named Shimizu, flew towards the building where the Akira family made its base of operations.

They made even the Sicilian mafia looked tame. All of them were sick in the head, and would bankrupt entire family for even small crimes, such as slander.

And they wouldn't get someone to do their dirty work, like my father. They enjoyed the feeling of blood hit their skin. Apparently, the first grandson of Shikekazu had begun drinking the blood of his victims as of late.

But that was just a rumour.

The reason I was dropping down was because they had killed a prominent member and stolen the money that was supposed to be left to his children. Jinnosuke, head of the family, was outraged, and had my father send me in to enact his idea of 'justice.'

Not that this was really justice. This was simple revenge that no one else had the skills to do.

I put on my mask.

I opened the door of the helicopter, and the freezing wind swept inside the cockpit.

I looked over to Shimizu, who gave me the 👌.

At her signal, I jumped from the helicopter, and soared through the air.

It was like I was flying.

After 3 seconds of airtime, I released the parachute, and my body jerked at the sudden wind resistance.

I guided my parachute to the building. I hit the side of the building with considerable force, but it was nothing I couldn't handle.

I placed my feet on the extremely narrow ledge of the window frame, and got out my glass cutter.