Arc 1 chapter 15: Mogul boxing

"Ladies and gentlemen, we gather here this evening to celebrate an ancient tradition: beating the shit out of each other!"

The surprisingly sizeable crowd cheered at Nagumo's statement. I can't believe that they had managed to get this many people (around a hundred in total) in the gymnasium without alerting teachers or security.

They'd even managed to get a whole boxing ring in here, along with enough chairs to fit the entire crowd.

It was astonishing, really.

I was up to fight first, against a grey haired boy from class D.

"To start us off, we have Ayanokouji Kiyotaka from class 1-B. Even though he's been here for less than a whole term, he's already, arguably, the most popular of the first-year boys. He's even on the student council. Ayanokouji-kun, do you think you're going to win here tonight?" Asked Nagumo.

"Well, Nagumo-senpai. It's not about winning, it's about having a good time, right?" I asked, smiling.

"He's so handsome!"

"Wow! So inspirational!"

I was getting good comments from the girls outside the ring. I waved and smiled.

"And his opponent: Yamauchi Haruki!"

Silence.

"Yamauchi-kun, tell me a bit about yourself. To be honest, I don't think anyone here knows you," said Nagumo. Obviously, he was one of those people.

"Thank you, Nagumo-senpai. I've kept this quiet, but I actually used to do boxing when I was younger. I was pretty underground though, so that's probably why you haven't heard of me," said Yamauchi.

"Well well, colour me impressed. Without any further ado... let the match begin!"

(One punch KO for Yamagod :/)

I had won all of my 3 matches so far. Right now, I was watching a huge guy, Albert, fight that guy Kouenji. Right now, they were fairly evenly matched, but I could tell that it was Kouenji who would take the win.

"You're Ayanokouji-kun from class B, right?" A sweet voice behind me asked.

I turned to see a girl who looked a little older than a first-year standing behind me. She had brown hair and vivid pink eyes. Quite unusual.

"Yes, that's me. I don't believe we've met before. Are you an upperclassman?" I asked, extending my hand.

"Teehee, do I really look that young. No, I'm a teacher here," she said, shaking my hand.

"I'm Hoshinomiya Chie, homeroom teacher of class 1-D."

I was a little confused.

"Why are you here Hoshinomiya-sensei? Isn't this fight against the rules? Shouldn't you shut it down?" I asked.

"Aw, but that would spoil the fun! Besides, I'm here for a show," she said, a mischievous glint showing in her eyes.

"Oh, you mean the fights? Yeah, they're really spectacular, especially between of opponents of such high skill," I agreed.

"Hm? Oh, of course, the fights. I totally agree!"

She looked a little surprised at what I'd said. She was watching the matches intently now, but her eyes weren't really paying attention. I could tell.

She was focused on the fighters. Muscular highschool boys wearing nothing but shorts.

 Muscular highschool boys wearing nothing but shorts