Arc 2 chapter 1; The families

Volume 0 minor spoilers. Nothing much just some lore.

Class A: 1094 points
Class B: 0712 points
Class C: 0533 points
Class D: 0087 points

We looked at the results of this months class points tally. Most were only interested in how much income they would receive this month. We earned an increase of 6,200 points this month, but we weren't the only class.

Once lunchtime came around, everyone went to eat. It was another day of acting for me. Allowing girls to feed me, and me feeding them in return.

If I was a regular guy, I would've been in heaven. As it was, however, I started to find it ever so tedious. Sometimes, I wish I could just eat in peace.

"Oh hey, Kiyotaka-kun!" Said a voice from behind.

It was Kikyou, with a group of girls from class D.

I had recently come to an agreement with her: I would try as best as possible to stay away from 1-D, so that she could have a social circle of her own.

And it worked. Nearly the entire class saw her as the centre of the group, with a few notable exceptions, such as Kouenji.

"I'd heard they started dating."

"What? No, they're just really good friends. I heard that they went to elementary school together."

"Nah, I definitely think they're dating, bro."

"Hey, shut up about my Kushida-chan!"

I could hear many whispers from people discussing the two of us. In a sense, the first guy wasn't wrong.

We were, secretly, dating.

We couldn't go public, since it would make both of us lose standing with the opposite sex.

I can't really speak on a girls behalf, but I know that if you're taken, most girls will lose interest in you, either because they don't want drama, or they're friends with the girl.

Obviously, some wouldn't stay away.

"What are you doing after school? Wanna come to karaoke with us? We can form a mega group!" She said, clenching her fists in mock determination.

"Yeah sure. We'll meet later :)" I replied.

Our respective groups began to buzz in excitement over tonight's engagement.

"Woohoo! I don't think I'll ever get tired of karaoke night every night!" Shouted a random girl.

I was sitting next to Kikyou, drinking and chatting with everyone.

"Is Ayanokouji Kiyotaka here?" Asked a familiar voice.

I turned to see Chabashira at the door, looking around for me.

"Here, sensei," I said, standing up and raising my hand.

"Could you come with me please? It's rather important," she said, crossing her arms.

I apologised and said goodbye to my friends, and walked alongside her out of the karaoke parlour.

"Sae...what is this about?" I asked.

"A man claiming to have important business with you has come to the school. He's also claiming to have come on behalf of a large corporation, so we couldn't really turn him down," explained Chabashira.

We walked under the warm amber sky towards the school.

After about a minute of brisk walking through the school's hallways, we came to a large set of wooden double doors, labelled 'director's office.'