Chapter 27

After a shortened lunch break, the remaining participants found themselves standing in the middle of the stadium once again. As Midnight began announcing the final activity of the sports festival.
"Between the 16 members of the four winning teams, we'll have a formal tournament!! A SERIES OF ONE-ON-ONE BATTLES!!!," Midnight says, as numbers spread through the crowd and participating students.
"Um. . . Excuse me, I'd like to drop out," Ojiro says from in front of me, explaining how he has no memory of the Cavalry battles, and giving us an idea of Shinso's quirk. As he also made it into the individual fights.
Soon after Ojiro's confession, a student from class B also raised his hand, wishing to withdraw as well, as he was a member of Shinso team during the last event as well. Soon two other students from class B are chosen to also participate in the one-on-one battles.
Midnight then shows us our matchups for the first round of fighting, myself being paired against Aoyama.
Well, sorry Aoyama, but I think this match will be pretty easy for me

Time skip - start of one-on-one tournament

"HEY GUYS, ARE YOU READY?! YOU'VE BEEN THROUGH HELL TO GET HERE!! BUT NOW IT'S TIME FOR THE ONE-ON-ONE TOURNAMENT!!!," Present Mic yelled as the first match was about ready to begin, Midoriya against Shinso.
Even if I do want Midoriya to win, I still hope that Shinso at least makes some progress, even if he has already made it this far. Hopefully that will be enough for the teachers to consider transferring him to a hero course.
The majority of the first round of battles went on with no big surprises, aside from Midorya breaking out of Shinso's quirk, and Todoroki freezing over half the stadium. But now I'm up for my first fight of the individual rounds, against Aoyama.
Soon we were both standing on opposite sides of the field, as Midnight began a countdown. I can see Aoyama's mouth moving, though I'm not paying attention to the words coming out. As soon as Midnight hits zero, I'm blasting towards my opponent, avoiding the single laser he manages to shoot before I'm slamming into his back. Aoyama is pushed past the field boundaries, stumbling over them before falling down. It's been less than 5 seconds and I'm already moving onto the second round.
Despite that, I can hear the murmurs coming from the, crowd around me.
"Geez, he didn't even give him a chance"
"Didn't manage to even show off much, just pushed the kid out of bounds"
"Hell, that guys ruthless"
Eventually, another voice made itself known throughout the crowd.
"For all of those who are criticizing my student, I'll have you know that the boy in front of you is one of the most skilled students UA has seen in years. There's a reason he was one of the first year representatives, seeing as he got first in this year's entrance exam, and broke the record for number of points gained. And he can do that because he is powerful, efficient, and doesn't waste time, as has just been displayed," Aizawa says as the crowd goes silent.
I look back towards Aoyama, seeing that he was still on the ground looking on in shock, I reach my hand out towards him.
"Hey, we've got to get off the field, the next match will be starting soon," I say as I pull him up, before heading off of the field, and back to the stands.