Chapter 3

Third Person Perspective

As soon as the doors were open enough for a body to fit through, the copper skinned boy soared through them. As soon as Kyoya was above the cityscape, he let his wings carry him as he watched the ground below. Looking carefully for one of the chunks of metal to spear in his line of vision. But something else caught his eye first, as it had multiple times that day.
A specific blonde was blasting along the ground not far behind him, exploding any robot that dare have wandered near the doors. It seemed that the albino was second to notice that the gates had opened, as most of the group was still spilling through the doors. After Kyoya had started at the blonde from above for longer than necessary, admiring his technique and power as he used his quirk, Rem popped into the boy's mind. Reminding him that their goal also was to destroy robots and collect points, not just watch someone else doing it.
Stop staring, you're wasting time.
Yeah I know, but you have to admit that he is quite impressive.
Yes his quirk is powerful, which means you will most likely have a chance to introduce yourself later, if you Would CONCENTRATE AND ACTUALLY START GAINING POINTS.
Geez, you don't have to yell, I have sensitive hearing you know.
Yes I am aware of that, but I was yelling in your head which isn't affected by your physical ability to hear.
I know that Rem.
Well then stop talking to me and get going!
Kyoya rolled his eyes at his permanent companions inability to perceive sarcasm, before scanning the ground below him for a robot.
Below him waited on of these chunks of metal, oblivious to the predator soaring above it. This was soon solved as Kyoya crashed into the robot, crushing it almost flat. the dark haired boy quickly stood out of the pieces of metal debris, before using a single beat of his wings to lift him off the ground once again.
Staying close to the ground, Kyoya used his body weight and speed to demolish more robots as he worked his way into the feux city's center.
He soon found himself in what looked like a town square, though it was surrounded by tall buildings. A large group of robot's were gathered in this area, most of them noticing kyoya's presence as soon as he turned the street corner. He quickly drove his hand into the front of the first robot he came upon. Pulling his fist back out, he took a large chunk of metal and wire out of it, effectively destroying the robot. As more of the robots began to swarm around him, he continued to demolish them, despite their numbers increasing.
KYOYA, there's one behind you, to your left!!
The warning from Rem gave the boy enough time to jump to the right before the robot could run over him. But after doing this, he found himself cornered against five robots. Two worth one point, two worth two points and one worth three. Before the chunks of metal could close in on him, he quickly pumped his wings, pushing himself off the ground and into the air. As Kyoya prepared to attack the robots from above, someone else got to them first.
Explosions melted through the exterior of the robots, as one Bakugou Katsuki blasted towards them. Kyoya watched from above before snapping back into reality and diving down to the ground before continuing to gain points. Despite this, through the corner of his eye, he was still watching the blonde demolish the robots. Bakugou's technique was interesting to Kyoya, letting the robot's close in on him, before creating an explosion which melted through the exterior metal quickly. It was fast, efficient and powerful, especially when used by someone who had the strategy to use it effectively.
You know, it's kind of weird feeling seeing someone else who is powerful. Mom never let us go see other kids, or even watch the news too see powerful pro heroes and their victories. It's almost unsettling seeing someone else who has that much power, Mom told us about the possibility of meeting people with powerful quirks, but I don't think that ever sank in. It brings some perspective to reality.
Don't think about it too much, we'll have plenty of time to think about all this after we finish the exam, we don't want to get distracted now.
Yeah, but still, it's a weird feeling
As Kyoya continued contemplating this new reality, he kept destroying robots. Going into autopilot, and gaining points quickly. Trying to keep himself distracted from all that was going on around him, focusing only on destroying robots.
From behind him came a loud crashing noise, turning around quickly in the air, he looked at what had happened. One of the three point robots had been driven into the side of a small building on the outside of the fake town square. The crash had caused rubble to fall from the structure, as well as shards of broken glass from the buildings windows. Multiple of the examiners had been injured by the glass, or they got caught under some of the fallen cement.
The copper skinned boy soon had started towards the rubble, quickly grabbing a large chunk off of one of the other examinee's. throwing the piece of cement to the side, Kyoya pulled the examiner to their feet and helped them to the nearest stable wall.
"Hey, uh, thanks!," They said, trying to give their savior a grateful smile.
What the hell was that, I thought I said not to get side tracked.
Someone having their leg crushed by a rock more than their body weight seems like a reasonable excuse for getting side tracked.
Yeah ok. Also, whoever they are is staring at you because you haven't said anything.
Coming back out of his mind, Kyoya looked down at the person he had just saved, who was staring at him. A strange look on their face, as the person that had saved them just spaced out. In a town square filled with dangerous robots, no less.
Kyoya gave them an awkward smile, before dashing away from them back towards the robots. Seconds after running back into the square, an earth shaking rumbling noise came from the center of the battle center, just behind where Kyoya was standing. The emerald eyed boy pumped his wings on instinct, shooting up towards the clouds. As soon as he got a better perspective, what caused the rumbling became quite clear.
They really can't give us a break, did the 'it's only an obstacle, just avoid it' robot really have to be that big.
UA has the budget for it, the school plans on picking out only the strongest students. But they want them to have at least some heroism in them, otherwise they wouldn't have much approval from the public.
Yeah, but something that big is almost impossible to avoid.
Look below you, we are the only people still left in the area. Everyone else has already found a way out of the robots path. Better to leave it alone and gain any points that are left elsewhere.
There are still people trapped under the rubble, and who knows how many people have been trapped because of the destruction this thing has caused.
That is none of our business.
You know as much as I do that UA is counting on one of the examinees to stop this thing before it kills someone. They wouldn't put this thing in here unless they expected someone to a stop it, and at the moment, we're the only one's left here. I happen to know we are able to destroy it.
It's a waste of energy, we could be gaining points right now instead of sitting here thinking about something that is inconsequential.
I say the thinking part is a waste of time, so why don't we destroy the thing.
I really don't think thats a good idea Kyoya, there are other thing...
Yeah, ok, Bullshit, we're doing this!
You idiot! We could be...
The winged boy quickly dived towards the giant hunk of metal, cutting around the corner of the robot, crashing into it's side. Denting the surface of the metal, this caused the robot to slow it's movements. Pausing to try and adapt to the new threat. Before it started to track Kyoya with it's digital eyes.
It's got a pretty thick sheet of metal armor on it's surface, after that it's probably just wire's and supports under the surface. It can't be that difficult to puncture the surface, and after that it's destroying some of the main systems on the inside, it can't be that hard.
You are a COMPLETE IDIOT, that thing is huge, and way over our power level, we are WAY smaller than that thing!! Flying at high speeds only dented it by a single foot!! We could break bones crashing full force into that thing!
Who said I planned on destroying it by crashing into it, I'm a bit smarter than that. And I'd rather not break any more bones than necessary.
Oh, good. You're not a self destructive maniac. But what else do we have that could destroy something that BIG!
You are really dense Rem
Yes I know that, but I would like to know plan on getting out of this situation.
I don't plan on getting out of it, and I don't plan on crashing into it. I plan on ripping the thing open.
You are exceptionally dull.
Yeah sure, just trust me on this bit.
I trust you with nothing besides the ability to bring up sarcasm in an awkward situation.
Shut up