Chapter 12

TW
After Bakugou leaves to head back to his own house, I continue walking towards my own. Quickly reaching the front door and pulling out my house key to unlock the front door. I untie my shoes when I get in the front door before sliding into my house slippers, before putting down my school bag at the dining room table to finish the homework I had from school.
But before I can sit down, my mothers walks out of her room on the ground floor, cellphone pressed to her ear.
"Yes I understand sir, mhm, I just need time, we need more time," She says before noticing me standing near the kitchen table.
"I'm so sorry, but I'll have to call you back," My mother says as she hangs up, and I sit down at the table.
"How was your day at school?," She asks me.
"It was pretty good, our teacher was kinda interesting, we also did a quirk apprehension test," I replied blandly before going over my homework, as my mother turned back around to face me from the kitchen counter.
"Oh, what did you get on it?"
"I got 3rd place, managed to use fire and lightning too"
"Oh, someone beat you then, now why the hell is that," She said as she turned towards me, anger clear on her face.
"Well, Todoroki got first, he has an ice and fire quirk, plus his dad is Endeavor, so that probably didn't hurt," I said trying to keep my voice calm despite the anger radiating off of my mother.
"Well if someone manages to beat you then you'll just have to train harder then huh!," She says as she points me towards the training room down the hall, her anger getting close to a boiling point.
Despite my better judgement, rather than getting up, I begin talking.
"Hey um, one of my classmates mentioned my airiness and memory loss today, so I was kinda wondering what caused all that, the amnesia and stuff," I asked with my head pointed down, avoiding looking at her face.
"A car accident, when you were a kid," my mother answers, the most nervousness I've ever heard from her laced in her voice.
"Then why did Rem say I shouldn't talk about that kind of stuff, about my home life," I ask as I turn my head to be able to see hers, and to my suprise, she almost looks startled.
"You shouldn't be talking to Rem," she responds, not answering either of my questions.
"Why can't I talk to Rem, why won't you tell me what really happened?," I asked, this time I actually look at her, look at her eyes. And I realize that I should have just kept my head down and moved on.
"THATS NOT HOW YOU SHOULD FUCKING TALK TO YOUR MOTHER!!!," She screams as I feel the table beneath me vibrate from the impact of her hand hitting the wood.
"Go to train," she says, much quieter this time, but despite that I hesitated.
"Did you not hear me? GO FUCKING TRAIN!!." She yells, as I grab my bag and quickly walk to the training room at the other end of the hall.
Why did she get so defensive, why doesn't she want me to know all that stuff?!
Kyoya maybe you don't need to know, it's in the past anyway.
Yeah, but it's my life! Part of my own life that I have no memory of! Until I was 9 I can barely remember anything!! I BARELY REMEMBER DAD!!!
I pause, standing in the training room, padded white walls and a variety of equipment, alone. And despite how hard I try, I just can't come up with an image, maybe I never had one, maybe I had just forgotten.
I don't even remember what he looks like, or what he was like. Rem I can't even tell if anything excised then or not, there's nothing to remember it by.
I feel something rolling down my cheek, something that for an unknown reason, I feel like shouldn't be there. I swipe my hand across my cheek, looking down at it I see a light shine from the clear liquid bouncing back at me
Hey Rem, do you remember?
I'm not sure what you mean Kyoya?
Do you remember anything from when we were kids Rem, anything
Kyoya I don't think you sho...
Mine and Rem's conversation is interrupted when my mother enters the training room.
"Kyoya, I wanted to make sure you understood what I said earlier, you are not to talk to Rem, do you understand?," She asks me while glaring.
"Yeah I understand, but why? Do they know something about.."
I'm interrupted when a hand blazing with heat lurches towards me, pulling on my wrist painfully. My mothers quirk slowly burns through the first through layers of my skin, not causing excruciating pain, but enough to sting.
"DO YOU UNDERSTAND KYOYA!!," she yells as a softy orange light radiates from her palm.
"Yes"  I answer as I feel her hand release me, and hear her footsteps leave the room, but despite that I'm still glued to the training room floor, my thoughts nowhere to be found.
Before I know it I've found my way back to my room on the second floor, crawling into my bed as the sun has set behind my window. Then I feel something rather strange, compared to the usually sudden onset of sleep, this time I can feel it.
Like something's tugging at my eyelids, willing them to go down without my permission, my own thoughts leaving my mind as I can feel something else sneaking into it. As I feel the onset of my own unconsciousness, my body begins to move, controlled by someone else's mind