Chapter 23

Pretty soon, all of class 1-a was dressed out into our gym uniform and in our designated prep room for the sports festival. As I sat next to Bakugou around the table in the middle of the room, Todoroki approached Midoriya, as I tried my hardest to ignore their conversation. As well as Bakugou glaring at the two of them.
After that little argument, all of our class headed out into the stadium.
"It's U.A's sports festival!! The one time each year when our fledgling heroes compete in a ruthless grand battle!! FIRST UP, YOU KNOW WHO I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!! THE MIRACULOUS RISING STARS WHO BRUSHED OFF A VILLIAN ATTACK WITH THEIR STEELY WILLPOWER!!! The first years of the hero course. IT'S CLASS A!!!!," Present Mic yelled as we entered the stadium.
Holy shit that's a lot of people
I thought to myself as most of my class looked around us, noticing the thousands of people, as well as pro heroes and sidekicks sprinkled in the crowd.
"They're really giving us too much credit. . . But we won't let it shake us right, Bakugou, Kyoya," Kirishima said from behind me.
"Nope just gets me pumped up," Bakugou responded as I still stared in awe at the crowd.
"HEY AIRHEAD! what the hell are you staring at," Bakugou yelled at me after noticing that I wasn't responding to Kirishima's question.
"Oh, just the crowd I guess, it's the most people I've ever seen in one place before," A replied as I turned to face forward.
"That isn't really surprising, U.A's sports festival is one of the biggest events in the world," Kirishima said as we walked towards the platform in the middle of the stadium.
We reached the platform to see Midnight standing on it, as she is hosting the first year's festival.
"Now for the athletes' oath!," She said as murmurs about her spread through the crowd and the student body.
"Pipe down!! Your student representative's are . . . from class 1-A! Katsuki Bakugou and Kyoya L/n!!," Midnight announced as the two of us walked up onto the platform
"MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT. I'M GONNA TAKE FIRST PLACE!!," Bakugou yelled before walking back from the front of the platform, giving me the spotlight, unwilling from me I might add.
"Um, I guess I can't really trump that huh," I said while rubbing the back of my neck nervously.
"Let's try our best to become heroes!! Or otherwise if that's not your goal!," I said trying to keep a fake smile on my face, facing the crowds for the moment of silence, before cheers rumbled through the crowd.
"Now, without any further delay, let's get the first event started! These are the qualifiers! It's in this stage that so many are sent home crying every year!! And the fateful first event of this year is . . . THIS!!," Midnight said as she pointed towards the large screen in the stadium, which currently read Obstacle Course Race, in large bold letters.
"Well that should be pretty easy for me, I can just fly over everything," I said, mildly disappointed.
"The whole point of this thing is to get attention from the pros, try to show off at least a little," Bakugou said as he walked past me towards the start.
"Yeah, but not enough to beat you right?," I said with some sass in my voice.
"HA, you think you even have a chance?," Sarcasm and sass laced into his voice, as we lined up at the start line.
All of us nervously stood near the line as we looked up at the three lights above us. And as soon as it hit green, we were all charging through the entrance.