Chapter 22

Class the day after the USJ attack was canceled, though for me that didn't mean much. Despite orders from Recovery Girl to rest, I spent most of my day off training, messing up my bandages, redoing them, and the cycle repeats. But soon enough we were back in class, which was way too loud for this early in the morning. As Lida , despite being the only person standing, was telling everyone to get to their seats.
Though that was interrupted when Aizawa walked into the classroom, to the surprise of many of my peers. Even though Aizawa was back in class, he didn't look all that great, as his injuries were even more extensive than mine.
"My welfare isn't important, because your fight is far from over. UA's sports festival is fast approaching," Aizawa said, as I became very confused.
"Hey, um Bakugou, what is the sports festival?," I ask quietly.
"You don't know what the hell the sports festival is. It's basically a big competition the UA students do so that they can get scouted by hero agencies for future internships," He says.
"Oh, okay, thank you," I replied.

Time Skip- A few hours

We have finally finished our classes for the day, but despite that, I am still trapped in the classroom. As myself and a few other of my classmates have just discovered, there is currently a large crowd of students in front of our door. Eventually Bakugou makes his way to our door, and in front of the crowd.
"Scoping out the completion, duh, small fry. Cuz we're the kids who survived a villain attack. No point, though. Move aside, Extra's.", Bakugou says as I move forward to stand next to him.
"I suppose that would get us a lot of attention, but I didn't think the rest of the school would react this strongly," I say as I watch the crowd, not having the energy to force my way through them.
"It's true, we came to get a look, but you sure are modest. Gotta say, I'm a little disillusioned if this what you're offering. Those of us who didn't make the hero course are stuck in general studies and other tracks. There're quite a few of us. Did you know that?," A student who was in the front of the crowd said, looking at me and Bakugou.
"I guess that's one of the issues with UA's student acceptance system," I say after thinking about what the student, who happened to have purple hair, said.
"Huh!," Bakugou said from next to me.
"Well the UA entrance exam wouldn't work well for people with mental quirks or ones that could only work against people. Even if those quirks could be extremely effective against real villains. So that makes the UA entrance exam a really poor judge of the actual potential a person would have for hero work. So I guess it's understandable that lots of people are going to challenge the hero course students for a spot in that program, especially during the sports festival," I say before looking back at the student who was talking earlier.
"Well then, at least one of you has some perspective, Shinso Hitoshi by the way," he says, introducing himself.
"Oh, um, L/N Kyoya, but just call me Kyoya please," I replied, introducing myself.
"Well, for the rest of you, UA might consider transferring students to the hero course, and the reverse is also possible for your class. So this'll be the perfect chance to knock you off your pedestals. Consider this a declaration of war," Shinso said before walking away from us through the crowd.
Bakugou had also decided to make his way through the crowd, shoving past them.
"I don't give a crap. I'm heading for the top. Why should I care?," Bakugou said as he walked through the crowd, as I followed after him. Apologizing to the people we were shoving past.
"I suppose the sports festival is a really big deal huh," I said trying to start up a conversation.
"Hell yeah is it, it's how we get the attention of pro heros, I'm surprised you've never heard of it," He replied.
"Yeah, I just don't really get out much I guess," I said as we continued walking in silence

Time skip  (Sorry for there being so many of these in this chapter, but I didn't know how else to right this one)

As the sports festival continued approaching, I continued my training. Spending long evenings in the training room, Luckily, I was seeing some improvement, as now I didn't want to completely fall over after using any elemental or transformation abilities. That doesn't mean I wasn't tired, I was, but I would probably still be able to fight for a bit.
And after two weeks of hard training, the sports festival was finally here.