Chapter 48

For only a second, All For One's hand loosens around my skull. And in only that second, a gust of wind pushes against my chest, sending my flying backwards away from him. I open my eyes as the rest of my body goes numb, watching the bits of dust and dirt swirl around me. I stare forwards, seeing the fight continue in the corner of my eye as they glaze over.
The pain from before still ravages my body, my body slumped against the ground in the place I've been lying since All Might appeared. I can hear noise coming from all around me, not being able to understand any of it, the feeling of having my eardrums popping taking over my senses. I can hear some of the voices get closer, these far more menacing then the ones I want to hear. But as I continue to stare blankly in front of me, I watch as a familiar pair of tennis shoes walk into the space in front of me.
Heat radius from his hands as the other villians approach us. I watch as he maneuvers around me as they attack us. Preventing even the slightest harm occurring to my currently helpless body.
The battle continued around me, as a new sound echoed throughout the rumble, the residential wall not far away crumbled from the impact. A group of three blasting away from their other two counterparts, flying above the battle scene. One of them calls out our names, but I can barely hear it. And even if I could react at all, I couldn't move to reach them in any way. As blood seeps out of the divots in my skull into the dirt below me.
Despite my lost hope of rescue, I feel a familiar body kneel down beside me. Looping his arms around my torso as Katsuki lifts me up onto his back as my legs wrap loosely around his waist. My wings pull me down slightly as they edge me to wrap them around us, adn try to forget we were ever here. And despite their weight pulling down on me, I lift them up slightly, spreading them out beside us. Feeling heat forms around Katsuki's palms as they face towards the ground.
I feel the two of us lift off the ground for only a second, before we're flying towards our classmates. I feel our motion slow, the joyous yells from around me signaling our safety. And as we come to a land outside of the battlefield, I feel myself slip off of Katsuki's back. Allowing myself to close my eyes again as I lean against his shoulder.
I can hear the yells and chatter surrounding me as our group walks into a crowd, attempting to find medical personnel of some sort. I can feel as the battle continues, the cheers and slumps of the crowd around us. And then, with my eyes still closed, the crowd goes silent for only a moment, and only the blur of All Might's voice rings through.
"Now . . .

It's your turn," he says, before cheers and yells rumble through the crowd. The final bit of weight releavels itself from my spine and stomach. I can feel Katsuki's arm press slightly tighter against my torso as I lean into him. And I feel his muscles relax as well, the noise begins to dissipate as we begin to walk through the crowd. I allow him to guide me through the crowd. Hearing his yells as he calls out to a group of EMT's standing next to an ambulance nearby.
He supports my weights as we walk over there, my body still being racked by pain and exhaustion. I can feel my consciousness fading, before the abrupt realization that there is no longer anyone else living with me there. The pure silence I experience is starkly different from my normal. I could always hear Rems breathing, just in the back of my head. But it's no longer there. No rattelly breaths in my consciousness, all the noise is gone. Like my lungs are now allowing themselves to breathe, the air now thin enough to reach them. Rather than all of the weight the air pressure puts on me. It all has lifted out of my lungs, allowing me to breathe.
I allow myself to rest, the assurance of true rest in my future. The hope I have for the future now that it's all gone.
I hear the EMT's feet pound against the ground as they run towards us and my unconscious body. I feel Katsuki's arms hesitantly lose around me as he allows them to carry me into the ambulance, as he follows after us. The group around us begin to tend to his small injuries, connecting me up to an IV, hoping I can even make it through the night. As I allow myself to rest, knowing I'll be able to see his pale face I've grown to love in the morning.