Chapter 26

TW
Me and Bakugou continue walking,  slowly heading towards the cafeteria. Just before turning a corner, and as Bakugou looked like he was about to begin speaking, I heard a faint noise coming from around the corner.
I stuck my hand out slightly signaling for Bakugou to stop walking, as I began listening more carefully to the conversation.
"Um . . . You wanted to talk?," I can hear Midoriya say out of view.
"You overwhelmed me. So much so that I broke my own pledge," I can hear Todoroki say, addressing Midoriya.
What the hell are they talking about, some kind of promise Todoroki made?
"Are you All Might's illegitimate child or something?," I hear Todoroki ask
What the Hell? I guess All Might does favor him a bit, but Child is overdoing it
I hear Midoriya deny this, panicking about it, before Todoroki keep's talking.
"You know, my father is Endeavor."

"My dad . . . He's a powerful bastard who only thinks of himself becoming stronger. Quirk Marriages, you've heard of them right? They started becoming a problem after the second or third generation after quirks appeared. Strong individuals would choose a partner and force them into marriage for the sole purpose of passing on a strengthened version of their own quirk.  With his wealth and fame, my father made my mother's family agree to the marriage, all to get his hands on her quirk."
I was frozen. Are people really that selfish? Enough so to force another person to marry them just for the sake of a stronger quirk? I barely know anything about Endeavor, besides him being a powerful hero. But now? Knowing he has those kinds of morels? If he saved a million people I don't think I could in good conscious call him a hero.
"Raising me as a hero who could exceed All Might, just to fulfill his own ambitions. I HATE IT!! BEING NO MORE THAN A TOOL FOR THAT HUMAN GARBAGE! For as long as I can remember, mom was always crying. . .   "I can't stand to see that left side of yours" she said before throwing scalding water in my face."
I put my hand against my mouth, trying desperately not to throw up, as I felt the bile crawl up my throat. Todoroki's descriptions were all too familiar to my mind, like his burn marks couldn't be all that different from mine. But yet, I had the scars, the ones running along my arms, down my hands, covering my back.
They never came from my mother, those came from me. I had known my mother was a bad person, but did it extend this much? Did it finally reach me? I don't think she needed to touch me to cause me pain anymore, I did plenty of that myself.
"By rising to the top without using it. I'll have denied him everything"
I can hear their footsteps fade as they walked away from us, my pained breaths hitting against my palm, the bile still sitting in the back of my throat, refusing to be pushed back down.
I can barely see Bakugou turn towards me, I'm pretty sure I can hear him say my name. He stares at me, and the look in his eyes stops the movement of my tears for a moment. I don't think I've ever seen his red eyes look so soft before, more like flower petals than fire. He looks at me like I'm something close to breaking, like he desperately wants to reach out and hold me, to keep me together or to let me crumble in his arms.
I don't let him.

I sprint away from him, running down the hallways until I find the nearest restroom. Luckily for me, it's empty. I push open the first stall door I reach, my body falling against the floor as my head leans over the toilet bowl. The acid rolls up my throat until it reaches the gap between my teeth, I crack my mouth open as I let it fall into the water below me. The liquid sears my mouth and the side of my lips, as I try to the rest of it out, relieving myself of the disgusting taste.
I rest my forehead against the edge of the bowl, waiting for the splotches in my vision to go away. Small tears still lining my eyes, hanging off the ends of my eyelashes. I can feel footsteps in the hallway approaching the bathroom I'm currently in, and based on their speed, I kinda doubt that it's just someone looking to use the facilities.
"KYOYA!!," I can hear him say as he opens the bathroom door, rushing into the stall I'm slumped over in. He puts one of his hands against my cheek, tilting my head up until I'm facing him.
Huh, their softer than expected
"Shit, what happened?," He says, his voice far quieter than before.
"Mhm, I guess, it just reminded me of some rather unpleasant stuff," I groaned, closing my eyes and letting my head rest against his hand. Before attempting to stand up, feeling Bakugou's arm wrap around my waist as he holds me upright.
"The Hell, you just threw up! And now you're already going again! You should really be resting or something right now," Bakugou says as he supports my weight while we walk out of the bathroom.
"We will need energy for the individual fights, we should start heading towards the cafeteria," I say as I pull myself upright, trying to bring my weight off of Bakugou's shoulders, despite him still holding on tightly.
"Oh my fucking god, fine! But if you throw up again or some shit I'm telling Aizawa so you don't get yourself killed in the fights, ok?," Bakugou says, as I nod my head, not really paying attention to his words.
For some reason, I kind of like that he's the one holding me up.
It's . . .

Nice