Chapter 9

Authors note- This chapter may be kinda wonky cause I wrote it with like a months break in between the first and the second half. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING!!!! :)  -Possum

Once we got onto the field, Aizawa announced that we would participate in a quirk assessment test. Which most of the class wasn't very pleased about. A girl standing in the front, Ochaco I think her name was, seemed to have a particular issue with this.
    "What about the entrance ceremony! Orientation.", She complained loudly.
    Though Aizawa didn't seem to have an issue with the complaints, that didn't mean he didn't have a good comeback.
    "If you're going to become a hero, you don't have time for such leisurely events. UA's selling point is how unrestricted the school's traditions are. That's also how the teachers run their classes.", Aizawa said.
Well that was a pretty good argument.
Yeah, I guess. It was a little weird. But it is the reason that UA is such a desirable school. All the teachers are pro's with experience, and they get to teach their classes however they see fit as long as they go over the required curriculum.
It ends up being the most efficient way to train the students, though it can get pretty harsh.
I can handle it.
    "You kids have been doing these tests since junior high, right", Aizawa said, talking about physical assessment tests.
Debatable
I'm pretty sure you're the only person here who has never participated in one of these.
Yeah, but mom did make me do a few tests like every six months, do you think it could be anything like that.
Probably pretty similar, but I wouldn't be surprised if the one mom had us do was a lot more difficult.
Well then this should be easy
Hopefully.
    "Physical fitness tests where you weren't allowed to use your quirks. The country still uses the averages taken from students not using their quirks. It's not rational. Well the ministry of education is procrastinating.", Aizawa said.
You know, he isn't entirely wrong. Some people have quirks that can inhibit their movement and strength, others like me have physical attributes as a result of my quirk, which would give me a natural advantage in any of these tests. Only a small number of people have no quirk or a quirk that can only be used mentality. Not being able to use your quirk makes the test inaccurate.
But wouldn't being able to use your quirk give some people an unfair advantage?
Well yah, but quirks in the first place are unfair, as is life.
    "L/n, you got first place in the entrance exam, what was your score from the softball throw in junior high?", Aizawa asked.
    " Um, unfortunately I can't give you an accurate answer to that", I said trying to hide my mass embarrassment.
    Aizawa seemed to ponder my answer for a minute, trying to remember a reason why I wouldn't be able to give him a score. I suppose he evenchy remembers that I had been homeschooled because he turned his head away from me.
     Though that didn't solve any of my problems, the rest of my class was still staring at me. Many of them looked confused as to why I couldn't give Aizawa a score. A few others had impressed or angry looks, because they had figured out I was the person who had gotten first place in the entrance exam.
    Actually, very few of them looked angry. The only one who did happened to be standing right infront of me.
    A mess of light blonde, almost white hair was a foot in front of me. The same person who had been in my battle center, and had gotten into an argument with Iida this morning.
    " So you're the extra who managed to beat me, I'll crush you", He said as quietly as I figured he could manage.
    "Um, alright", I replied.
    This some how made him even more angry, not sure how that is possible.
I think how calm you are pissed him off.
What do you mean?
He enjoys getting a reaction out of people, you didn't give him one and he's pissed about it.
    Before I had more time to think about it, Aizawa chose another person to demonstrate the test with.
    "Bakugou you got second in the entrance exam, right?", Aizawa said, addressing a student near me, though I wasn't sure which one.
    And the one who happened to respond to him was the blonde standing right infront of me.
Mhm, Well that's interesting, he ended up getting second place huh
It isn't surprising, he displayed a lot of power during the exam, you were quite impressed by it remember.
It doesn't surprise me that he got a high placement, just that we both ended up in the same class.
    "In junior high, what was you best result from the softball through?", Aizawa asked him.
    "67 meters", Bakugou responded.
That's pretty good, especially for junior high.
    "Then, try doing it with your quirk.", Aizawa instructed Bakugou as he started walking towards the circle in the dirt field.
    "You can do whatever you want as long as you stay in the circle. Hurry up , give it all you've got.", Aizawa said as he threw Bakugou the soft ball.
    Bakugou stretched for a moment while standing in the circle before he prepared to throw the soft ball.
    "Well, Then DIE!!!", he yelled as he threw the soft ball, a large explosion propelling the ball threw the air.
Was the 'die' really necessary.
    I don't really think so, but I don't think that's going to stop him.
    "Know your own maximum first. That is the most rational way to form the foundations of a hero.", Aizawa said as he held up a phone with 705.2 meters written on the screen.
Damn, that's pretty good.
    Apparently the rest of the class agreed with me, some people even seemed to find the activities fun.
    "It looks fun' huh. You have three years to become a hero, will you have that attitude the whole time? Alright, whoever comes in last in all eight tests will be judged to have no potential and will be punished with expulsion.", Aizawa responded to the class. Which most of the class freaked out about.
Do you think he will really expel the person who gets last?
No, he won't expel them.
Are you sure about that ?
Yup, he just needs us to believe that, it motivates us. He's smart enough to see the potential in even the person who gets last place.
    If you say so.
    " we're free to do what we want about the circumstances of our students.Welcome to UA's hero course.", He said.
This should be fun.
Are you seriously excited about this?
Kinda, yeah, it's a good opportunity to see my classmates quirks, and some about their personality's too.
    My short conversation was soon interrupted my Ochaco.
    "But it's the first day of school! No, even if it wasn't the first day of school this is too unfair!", She said loudly as I became visibly annoyed.
Does she really think the world is a fair place, if it was the careers we're aiming for worldn't exist.
    "Natural disasters, big accidents, and selfish villains. The world is filled with unfairness. A hero's job is to combat that unfairness.Want to go hang out after school with your friends, too bad. For the next three years, UA will do all it can to give you one hardship after another. Go beyond, plus ultra. Overcome it with all you've got.", After Aizawa's motivational speech, the mood of the class instantly got more competitive.
    The first test that we were doing was the 50 meter dash, which wouldn't be that hard for me. A flap out two of my wings and I would cross the finish line. But unfortunately for me, I was in the third group of three going, until then I waited around. But my peaceful silence was soon interrupted by the red head I had met this morning, Kirishima I think.
    "You're the person who won the entrance exam huh, I was in center A too, I saw you flying around, it was really cool!", Kirishima said with enthusiasm.
    "Uh thanks," I responded, a little concerned about all the admiration in his voice, but never the less, still proud of my self.
    " Your quirk is pretty flashy, flying around and stuff, and also the fire and lightning, that was so cool!", Kirishima said.
    "Yeah, I suppose it is pretty flash. But the fire and lightning take up a lot of energy, so that causes problems every once and a while. But I also don't really value flashiness that much but, uhm, thanks." I said trying to sound as respectful as possible.
    " Oh, I suppose that kind of thing could take a lot of energy, but it's still really cool. My quirk is just hardening, nothing really compared to your", Kirishima said sheepishly.
    " Mine might be more showy, but my only defense is my offense, which doesn't always work. A good defensive quirk can save a million more lives than someone who is just really strong. Mine might be more colorful and that stuff, but it's no more impressive than any one else's." I said with honesty, though it seemed to really brighten Kirishima's mood.
    "Oh, I guess I never really thought of it that way", Kirishima said, his mood brightened slightly.
    A group of my classmates had finished their 50 meter dash, so now it was my turn. I very awkwardly waved to Kirishima, and headed over to the start line. Lining up my feet with the white line in the dirt, and looking to my right to see who I was racing with. Luckily for me, one of the other people on the line was Midoriya, and the other was Bakugou. Less luck for me.
After the three of us had situated ourselves, ready for the race, the robots at the end of the track made a buzzer noise as the three of us started moving .
    I quickly batted my wings and shot towards the end of the track, making it to the end in only a few seconds. Bakugou wasn't far behind me and landed only a little bit later. His method was to create explosions facing behind him to propel him forward, which in my opinion, was a pretty good idea.
    Midoriya, on the other hand, was just running, at a perfectly normal pace.
He'll get last place if he keeps this up.
I suppose he doesn't have a quirk that influences his strength.
Then how did he pass the exam?
Who knows.
    Evenchly all three of us made it across the finish line, as the next group got ready to go.
    We all went through most of the other test with no major events, and I'm pretty sure i did ok on most of them, some more than others. But through out all of them so far, Midoriya has not yet shown any signs of having a quirk at all. He's currently in 21st place, and under the false threat of expulsion, but either way, he is not doing well.
    The last test is a softball throw, which Bakugou had already demonstrated for the class, and had gotten a pretty good score on. I, unfortunately was stuck going near the end of the class. The only person behind me being Midoriya.