Chapter 13

I slowly wake up, despite the events of last night, I feel like my body hurts more than it should. I slowly sit up out of bed, trying not to reel back from both the pain I'm experiencing and the sunlight blasting through my window. I look towards my window to see something rather strange, my window is open. And I never leave my window open, let alone enough for a body to fit through it, even mine with my large wings.
    As I stand up out of bed, I almost fall over as my feet land on my tennis shoes next to my bed, rather than near the front door. On a similar note, I'm in casual clothes, rather than pajamas. I reach down to pick up my shoes from the floor to feel the skin around my upper bicep stretch in a painful way. I stand back up straight to look towards my arm, only to see a bright red burn wrapping around much of my upper arm. Inspecting the burn closer, it looks all too familiar. The burn around my arm is in the shape of a hand, knowing that it is my mothers doing.
Hey Rem, what happened last night?
It's none of your concern Kyoya
Um, yeah I think it is, cause it looks like you snuck out last night after doing something to make mom burn me.
You've already got burns from yesterday anyway, I don't see what the problem is.
You don't see what the problem is? You're not telling me what happened or why I got hurt, why the hell wouldn't that be my problem?
    Despite trying my best to get an answer, Rem doesn't respond to me.
    "Well shit," I say as I head towards the bathroom attached to my room, ducking below my sink to pull out my very extensive first aid kit.
    I wet a washcloth with cold water before gently pressing it against the burns on my arms, and applying a burn cream, before bandaging both of the burn's thoroughly.
    Going back into my room, I slip out of my casual clothes and begin putting on my UA uniform, making sure to pull my blazer down so that it covers my wrists hiding the burns there. I grab my school bag from my desk chair before heading down the stairs to the kitchen.
    I get to the bottom of the stairs to see my mother leaning against the kitchen counter, an aluminum can sitting next to her, a couple more in the kitchen trash bin. For the first time I can remember, my mothers looks ragged, her hair messy and a look in her eyes that implies she might be a little under the influence. I walk past her to the fridge to grab a yogurt and granola cup, feeling her glare burning into the back on my neck. I grab a disposable spoon before heading out the door as fast as possible, and walking towards the subway station.
It feels so weird that everything is starting to go wrong now, mom hasn't been that aggressive in years. And Rem and I have always gotten along, but now they're starting to ignore me.
    I continue talking to myself with no reply as I pull my headphones out of my bag as I wait for the subway, zoning out, staring at the wall across from me.
    Despite the music blasting in my ears, I can still hear a familiar voice coming from behind me.
    "HEY AIRHEAD, what the hell are you staring at?," Bakugou asks me, his voice softer than I remember for some reason.
    "Not much, kinda just zoning out," I replied, pulling my headphones out of my ear to hear him better, as our subway train pulled into the station, both of us walking onto it.
    I stand near the wall, my arm reaching up to grab one on the supports on the ceiling, as Bakugou finds a spot standing next to me, a little closer than most people would choose.
    The two of us stand next to each other comfortably as more people get on and off of the subway at various stops, before we reach the stop closest to UA. Bakugou and I walked off of the subway, and started towards UA for our morning classes.

Authors note
Sorry for not posting for a bit, but school is currently trying to murder me.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING !!!! :)
-Possum