Chapter 1

(Disclaimer, the first eight chapter of this story are not very well written. Though I do plan on editing them at some point. You can still power through these first few chapters and enjoy the higher quality writing of the rest of the book, but I do also have another book going which is all higher quality writing if you would prefer that more).

Oh fun, another joyous morning. Sun shining in my eye, alarm clock blaring as I yet again debat setting it on fire. I stare at the ceiling for a few seconds, before I eventually make the decision to get out of bed, despite my better judgment of sleeping in for the rest of the morning. But I suppose today could be considered a special occasion, like Christmas and birthdays and stuff. Unless you've managed to live under even more of a rock than me, which at this point might as well be a word record, you would know that today is the UA entrance exam. A day in which every ambitious soon-to-be-high school-student both looks forward to, and dreads.
    The UA entrance exam consists of both an academic and a physical test. Although, technically the physical test is only for those who aspire to be in the hero course. But in this day and age that is just about everyone, including my self.
    After re-explaining to myself something I was already very well informed of, I got out of bed, with much struggling, self motivation, and my wings getting stuck in the blankets enough times for it to be embarrassing. At least it was a nice day for the entrance exam, only a few clouds in the sky, something to help get rid of my morning grogginess at least.
    I changed into an athletic outfit, an open back sleeveless turtleneck, as well as as black sweatpants. I grabbed my bag from my desk chair and headed downstairs to get something to eat before departing. My mother was already standing by the kitchen counter, putting together breakfast as well as an aggressively large lunch, as usual.
    My mother is an interesting woman, she's not necessarily bad at being a mother, just a bit self-centered. I lied, a lot self-centered. If there was a 'My kid is very successful and I give myself all the credit' award, she would win by a landslide. My mother's name is strange as well, at least other people think it is. Her name is Alisa, it might be considered normal is some places, but here in japan it is considered foreign, despite the point that my mother is Japanese. My name is considerably more normal for japan, Kyoya. Even though it's considered normal in japan, it doesn't really seem all that different from my mother to me. If you happen to be confused, I was homeschooled, first year of high school will be my first year of traditional school.
    Now that I have wasted my time talking to myself, my mother notices my presence at the bottom of the stairs.
    "Kyoya don't stand there, come eat. You're going to have to do well on the entrance exam. Wouldn't want you running out of fuel," My mother says, demand laced in her voice.
    I hum in reply, though my mother doesn't seem to be satisfied as she passive aggressively shoves a plate of food towards me as I sit down at the countertop.
    "Are you underestimating the importance of today? It determines if you get into UA or not, especially if you get into the hero course. Does your brain understand that?," she says in an angry tone.
    "I understand that just fine, but I doubt that either part of the exam will be that hard for me. I've always gotten good scores on standardized testing, and I've been training my quirk practically since birth," I replied.
    "Well I expect you to make sure that is enough, especially with all the work I put into you".
    Do you see what I mean by self centered, how bought you get all the scratches, burns and cuts from over training, how would you feel then.
Don't get angry Kyoya, you have been dealing with this all your life, it should become a problem now.
    I'm well aware of that Rem, thanks
    Just making sure you don't get yourself into any trouble, you are the one with the temper
    Oh yeah, one other thing, that's Rem. They happen to be the other person LIVING INSIDE MY BODY. Don't have a single clue how that happened. I used to think that aliens planted bugs to make me loose my memory and put another person inside my body. My mom says that the memory loss is from a car accident. I like the story with aliens though, plus I don't think the car accident explains two propeller sharing a body so.
    After I finished eating my breakfast and putting my dishes in the sink, I grab my bag off the floor and head towards the door. Taking off my house slippers and putting on tennis shoes as well as a light windbreaker. Of course, with holes in the back for my wings.
    "Kyoya! Take the subway, I don't want to here about my son being seen flying around in the sky," My mother yells to me before I got out the door.
    "Yeah I know, not flying without proper authorization," I yell back.
    "Don't get enough of a chance to go outside to fly anyway," I mumble quietly as I go through the door. I head towards the subway station, struggling to put in my head phones as they get tangled around my horns. I you haven't caught on yet, I have born dragon wings and horns. Makes me stand out a bit, but I don't usually mind. Getting onto the subway I stand near the wall, like the gentleman I am. Both to leave seats open for other, and to avoid my wings getting in people's way. They are quite cumbersome, but I do get to fly so I think that's a fair trade off.
    I stare out the window across from me as I wait for it to be my stop, occasionally moving a few feet to either side tho make room for others. Eventually the robotic voice calls my stop as I head off the subway, noticing a strange amount of teenagers in uniforms heading the same direction I am. I suppose that's what UA means. Probably why my mother is so keen on me getting into it, but at this point she's almost more enthusiastic about it than me.
Wow UA is pretty big. I do suppose my standards are pretty low though. But did they really have to have the letters U A plastered on to a sign so big, it almost seems like overkill.
    It's a highly acclaimed school Kyoya, it has to be big and over exaggerated.
    What law says that?
    That is simply how this kind of thing works, it has to be big and flashy.
    Whatever you say Rem
    I continue walking through the gates, following the signs pointing me in the direction of exam orientation. Through the music coming from my headphones, I hear something coming from behind me. Turning my head slightly, some green haired (Is it black or green?) Teenager is standing there looking kinda scared as another teenager with light blond spiky hair brushes past him.
    The blonde kinda looks like a hedgehog.
    I don't think that is the best thing to reference someone by.
    Well I can't be blamed for that, it's what he looks like.
    Yes you can be blamed, you could just wait until you know their actual names.
    Yeah but that's no fun, plus there's a good chance they won't even get into UA, it's like one out of three hundred isn't it?
    Yes that is correct, but who says you're going to get into UA.
    Rem, we have literally been together since forever, do you think I won't be getting into UA.
    Good point
    Thank you
    Anyway, Mr.Blonde hedgehog continues looking generally grumpy add he walks forward, almost bumping into my wings until I move them out of the way.
    "Watch wear your going extra!," He says.
Extra? Who the hell calls people extra's, does he really have that much of a main character syndrome?
    Leave it Kyoya, there is no benefit to making enemies on exam day. It won't be of any help to you.
    Yeah I know, but he is kinda weird.
    Most people that meet us think we're weird you know
    I am aware of that
    "Oi, did you here me!? You death or something?," He yells into my ear, interrupting my and Rem's conversation.
    "No, I hear quite well actually," I say as I start walking towards the building's door's. Getting ahead of the blonde as he grumbles angrily behind me. Apparently he is pissed about me ignoring his insults, understandable but did he have to get so loud and aggressive, geez.
You also look pretty scary when you have a straight face you know.
    No actually, I didn't know that.
    How's that?
    Because I am barely ever around people. Mom and her weird child isolation habits,
    Maybe she just wanted to keep you safe.
    ... We both know that's a lie
    I couldn't come up with anything better to say to get you to calm down.
    And you're supposed to be the smart one.
    I am simply more level headed, we both received the same amount of education.
    You're really dense Rem
     You're not much better, you just have sarcasm.
    Why thank you.
    After finishing my internal conversation with Rem, I enter the academic exam room find my seat, and proceed to take the exam.