Chapter 40: The Joker's Help

I raised both of my hands and faced her.

“I surrender. Please don't kill me.” I said.

But that didn't do anything to her. She was still wielding those giant scissors.

“May the God bless you in your next life. I pray thee.” She mumbled.

Muriel sear through her soul! Cut her life so that she'll experience no death! Let the life of a termite end now!”

T-termite!??

W-wait!! I don't wanna die yet!

The saint discriminately threw her weapon at me. With a flash of unknown light, the weapon was no doubt dangerous.

I have no choice, I needed to at least convince her that I'm not a bad person or—

“JOKER’S TRICK!”

A familiar voice joined inside the battle. I don't have time to look at where that came from, but I know already. Thanks Marry!

Uriel! HOPE FOR THE DEAD!”

◇◆◇

The troop had finished their search. The saintess on the other hand, had disappeared and they all were left but the paladin.

The result was a ton of loss. The small village became ruins, and two adventurers were still unable to open their eyes despite being healed by the saintess.

Another problem also was they're trying to solve. The people of the small village had vanished. This isn't just an issue where they can lie to the public that they ‘Died’ even though no bodies could be found.

So, for the new mystery case, they have requested for an archmage to solve the problem.

News has already been swirling around the capital in just a few hours. “A calamity made by a witch” was the headline of the newspaper.

Even with a high security, the whole capital can't help but to be more alert.

Plus, before the saintess disappeared, the saintess was firing an explosion to an unknown location and this made the troops to be confused, but they couldn't utter not a single word.

Unknowingly, Marry’s eyes slowly opened and this made her brother happy and laxed.

“Marry, you okay?”

“I’m fine...  MA-MAREINE-SAN, WHERE IS SHE?!” She suddenly shouted.

“Mareine? Who is that?”

“T-THE PUPPETEER...” She responded very panicked. “WHERE IS MAREINE-SAN!!??”

“No, Marry...” Her brother worriedly sighs. “Calm down for a second.”

And so, when Marry finally scanned the whole place, she saw with her own eyes how the forest disappeared and how ruined the small village was.

When she saw the three groups that were with her, she felt relief seeing them in a good state sleeping.

But she was still worried. She couldn't see Mareine, her partner in the mission and the person she probably thought was in a bad situation now.

‘I’m worried. Where are you Mareine-san? I need to look for her...’ She heavily concluded, exhaling her worries.

And then, when her brother was busy searching for something, she rode on her card and flew upward.

“Chief Paladin Navida, your younger sister flew away from us!” The troop reported.

When her brother looked above, Marry was in the sky with her fake smile waving goodbye.

“MARRY COME BACK HERE!”

“I’ll return later brother!!