Chapter 20: Three Bandits vs Marry and Mareine: The rise of the king of diamond

In the midst of a battle, there was another subordinate watching afar and she was about to cast a spell to finish the job more easily.

“Ultra Fireball!”

The presence of a big ball of concentrated magic of flame took the radar of Marry, who was currently in the verge of danger with Mareine.

“M-Mareine-san! I detected magic coming at our place!” She shouted to Mareine, very panicked.

“...!!”

Without doubting, Marry as well as Mareine moved fastly away from the place they were in.

The fireball landed on that place and they were safe.

Next, a clapping sound can be heard followed by a girl who showed herself.

“To think you could detect that ultimate skill, that's very impressive of you.”

Now, it's three versus two. A young girl joined the battlefield.

“W-Who are the three of you!?” As they try to regain their energy, Marry asks them.

“The three of us? We're just bandits.” Staz, the one who had a bigger body among them answered her question.

‘They don't seem to be bandits. It is more likely they're concealing their group. I think it is a group where they hunt adventurers.’— Marry and Mareine have the same thought.

Bandits usually aren't that powerful.

“Hehe, I really like to play with you two since we are at the same age, but, that's a pity but, we should kill you two.” The girl who cast the flame magic spoked to them.

Mareine and Marry glanced at each other to see each of their complexions. They weren't good. They are in a bad state and even in a big disadvantage.

“Staz, go take care of them hmm?” 

“Even if you won't ask, I still will kill them.”

Then, on Mareine’s back, a small circle appeared and a sword came out of it. Fortunately, it didn't pass through her 1st barrier although the second one broke in an instant.

‘This is bad. If the barrier broke, my Aura would come out and I could also be damaged at any time!’ Mareine was cautious.

“Oh? Did my sword miss it? Well, next time it won't.” Staz said as he stride towards them while swinging her sword as if he was stretching the muscles in his arm.

The next target was Marry, who is likely defenseless.

Staz ran towards her in pursuit as his sword pointed at her.

“Death Smash!”

Marry showed one of the cards she hid in her hand.

“High Cards on!”

Five poker cards appeared on Marry’s back and the cards were glowing.

Staz who swung his sword at her was being stopped by a shield.

!!!

The girl who was spectating, saw the sword of Staz being blocked by a barrier, so she cast a skill that could make the sword break through the barrier of the card shark.

“Sword Enhancement: Fire Vengeance!”

Because of that, Marry’s barrier broke like a glass in a second.