Chapter 38: The Saintess Have Spotted The Termite

"-!!!!"

An immense ray of powerful deadly white particles launched out from the tip of Mareine's sword. Thrice the fast of the lightning blast, the witch received the deadly blow.

"LIGHTNING SHIELD!!"

The ray was reflected. Although the fatal ray did damage to the witch.

"My. It's my first time experiencing a shock that wasn't caused by my lightning. I'll end this immediately.-ELECTRIC DISCHARGE!!"

BA-THUMP.

Mareine's heartbeat pulse can be heard in the battlefield.

In a second, she was weakened and her sword was dropped on the ground.

The Distinctive Passive Skill: Puppeteer's Anger got disabled. And Mareine who lost her consciousness was back in a very weak state. She slowly flew downwards.

"Oh my, oh my. As expected, it was a buff type skill. Now you're back, weakling." The witch muttered. "Now, it's your time to meet hades.- ETERNAL CHARGE! LIGHTNING SHOCK!"

Two heavy strikes were once again coming to her. She couldn't stand correctly, she was over exhausted due to using her lifespan as a mana and by the skill taking over.

As her last resort, her last means of survival, she used a skill that she never had used before.

"....Lucifer- Strings of hell.."

Like the witch's Eclaire that bends the law of Science and Physics, Mareine's Lucifer did the same.

The lightning flashes, thunder, and the brightness of the sky have all vanished and turned into flames.

The place now has turned into hell and the pure white feathered wings on her back have turned into a crimson red like the color of a blood.

The heavy strike the witch made became vaporized the moment Mareine used her skill.

Then, unexpectedly, strings start to pop out of the earth and heaven in an abnormal way, the same speed of the light.

No one could react at the speed of light, and in the end, the witch was crucified by thousands of strings.

Then, the target disappeared. Nothing was left but a pile of mana and dust.

◇◆◇

The moment the whole troop got teleported at the location, they saw hell.

"We are a bit..... late." The paladin said.

The whole forest was on fire and the small village was nowhere to be found.

"Search and rescue the survivors hurry!!"

"Yes, sir!"

Even with a place like hell, the troops landed on the ground with their Pegasus, trying to search for survivors except for the Saintess.

"Muriel."

Just from a soft touch of air with her hand, a wave of purity spread to the whole place.

"H-holy moly. The fire vanished immediately." One of the troops made a comment.

And thus, the search for survivors was made easily.

Despite the ruins and how wrecked the whole place was, the troops were surprised to see three individuals in safe condition and with only slight wounds and injuries.

The saintess from above quickly healed all the three of them and the girl with ponytails was first to open her eyes.

"Can you tell us what happened?"

"I couldn't tell.... Kagh!... The witch sent me flying...." She answered trying to still awake.

"Okay. Just take a rest."

The paladin then raised his head to the sky and talked to the Saintess.

"Your holiness, what should we do?"

".... Just a moment."

The paladin agreed. It was just a perfect decision since he was about to tend to his younger sister, Marry.

After a few minutes,

"-MURIEL!"

Boom!

The saintess sent an explosion to the corner of the forest.

"Found you termite."

◇◆◇

There was an explosion everywhere. A beam of exploding projectiles kept heading in my way.

I was just searching for the village peoples then suddenly I sense some danger so I ran for my life.

Without a doubt, this was caused by another person.

'Why would they attack me again?! Is this the friend of the witch trying to get revenge?!'

I'm in a tight situation. All I do was keep running and invading the beam that rapidly keep firing at me.

I was in the woods. I couldn't see who the person was trying to kill me.

And with my puppet body, I was entirely exhausted, but I got to keep running or-!

Booom!

An explosion hit the ground beside me. This caused my left arm to disjoin from my shoulder.

Seeing my whole arm break, at that moment, my whole body trembled but luckily, I forgot that this body was a puppet.

No blood came out, just some scraps of what I made was, which was metal.

I didn't feel hurt, it's becau-

!!

Boooooom!

I took the whole impact of the beaming explosion.

"Finally got you, termite."

I was on the ground, unable to move. All my body parts have been destroyed except for my chest and head.

A lady with a soft and serene face was floating on top of the trees. Her voice was gentle. She was covered with white aura and a pure white cloth.

She was, without a doubt, an angel