Chapter 21: The Joker's mind inside the battlefield and Alcred's doubt

Marreine-san's aura is overwhelming and even the puppets beside her were radiating a painful light and wave.

But thanks to my 'Joker's Bluff' I didn't receive that much damage.... Or maybe... Mareine-san was not making me hurt..?

I already used one of my high cards 'Straight Royal Flush' on the girl but I still cannot help Mareine-san that much...!

I've always been.... Useless.

Looking at Mareine, she handled her sword very well while commanding her two puppets...... I, I still can do it!

The walls started to dissipate and my restricted skills were coming to me. I c-can do it!

"Two of a kind!"

To the powerful girl in there where I summoned the king of diamonds, I unleashed my skill.

"Damn you! Hell flame!"

N-no! M-my cards melted before even reaching her!

Marreine-san can do it... So maybe I can...!! Just keep... Trying..!

"THREE OF A KIND!"

"Tsk! Ultra fl-

"FOUR OF A KIND!!"

All the cards I unleashed passed through her flame and one card got pierced through her chest, the rest stuck to her skin.

"Agh!"

I, I d-did it!

And... I forgot... The king of diamond I summoned was still there and-

Swing- Slash! Bam!!

"Kyaa! Staz h-help!"

A horrifying scene is what I saw.

'N-no way..... I d,didn't mean it t-this way....!'

My summoned king of diamonds killed the girl who has the same age as me. But it didn't end there. The king keeps smashing and slicing her dead body with an exe.

◇◆◇

The ultimate skill: King of war, (Ares) lost its effect and there were only two enemies left. Staz and his subordinate.

"W-what happened to S-Sebris!" Staz, who has a long fight with Mareine, steps out for a moment and glances at her back only to see Sebris, the young girl in a bloody situation. Her whole body was smashed on the ground.

"H-Haruke, L-lets escape for now!" He shouted desperately to his other subordinate, Haruke, the man whom Marry fought.

Mareine, who heard his shout, responded.

"Hmm? Really? I won't let you."

"Haruke, use telep-

"STRING ANNIHILATION!!"

Haruke's body was sliced into many pieces by a string that is as sharp as a sword. It was very fast. He couldn't react.

"Staz was your name right? Then be the test for my skill that I don't know how to use."

Looking at Haruke's body that got sliced to many pieces in front of him, his legs trembled thinking that he might be the next.

Even when trembling, he still has some skill left.