Chapter 29: Mission: Kill The Witch 1

"It's no use, Staz." Marreine pitifully talks to him. "I told you this world is hell."

"You! Damn it! WHAT DID YOU DO!" He shouted.

Staz has been trying to activate any of his skills but unluckily, even his Ultimate Skill: Ares was useless.

"Hmm. Very noisy. Should I steal your ultimate skill? Was it called the King of War, Ares?" Marreine hesitated, but not really, she was just bluffing.

"W-What?!!" Staz snickered. "Hah! You can't steal a skill!"

Then suddenly, Staz froze. No, it was as if the whole world froze for a moment. Staz felt that something strange had happened, but he couldn't tell it.

He felt that something was taken from him.

It was then a screen appeared in front of Marreine.

Ting!

【 Successful. 】

「 Plunder: King of War, (Ares) has been successfully pilfered.

When Staz saw it, he couldn't believe what just happened.

'N...no way! No fucking way!' His mind was in chaos knowing that his ultimate skill and his trump card had been robbed from him for the rest of his life.

"How splendid." Marreine was mesmerized by the weapon in her hand.

It was made by her Azazel and the newly acquired skill, Ares. A dazzling shield that has a color glowing around it with Marreine's aura which was the tint of red and yellow.

"W-W-WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!" Staz's shout echoed inside Marreine's 'World of Puppets'.

"Look! It's very amazing! With your Ares, I definitely have a strength of 4 times!!!" Mareine excitedly answered him.

This made Staz to believe all what happened was just a dream.

"No way! This is a dream right?" He mumbled desperately. "Right. HAHAHHA it has to be a dream!!!"

He just look like an idiot in Marreine's eyes. But thanks to him, Marreine has a new plan for her mission.

"Thank you Staz. Anyways, sweet dreams!!" She waved goodbye as her body slowly disappeared.

◇◆◇

The sun finally settled and the nighttime had begun. It was also the time their mission started.

As per Juliuos' instruction, a fence was covering the whole small village. Fence made of just a small plank of wood isn't that durable, but with the help of Belky's Skill: Green, it was made easy. The fence that guards the village was rolled with vines to become stronger.

There was no barrier that shields up the whole village because unfortunately, the five of them have bo Barrier skill other than the barrier that shields them, so that instruction was planned instead.

All the village people were inside a small hut with Marreine. And as for Mary, she was on the other trio team.

The four of them were set to kill the Witch as their plan.

Marreine volunteered to protect the village people because she didn't know what she'd do, or perhaps she was scared to face off the witch.

Outside, Julious, Nicole, Mary, and Belky were on guard. They're watching for some unusual movement.

But they're invisible to the human eye because of Nicole's assassin skill: Stealth and Mary's Joker's Cloak.

"Should we move to the forest area a bit more?" Belky whispered. Her patience was being tested because they had been standing for an hour, but nothing really strange happened. Not even a sign that there's a monster.

"We should." Nicole replied.

So, the four of them moved closer to the jungle area. Quite a sight because they haven't encountered not even a single monster or a slime.

"That's strange." Julious pondered.

"Yes. It's very strange." Mary added.

The four of them looked at each other. There's only one conclusion they had on each of their heads: Because there was no monster nearby or around, then it means there's a more bigger creature lurking in the depths that made the monsters scared.

"What about the village? Who will take care of them?" Nicole asked.

"Marry, Go back and help your friend. The three of us will take care." Julious agreed, giving Mary an order.

"No, I believe Marreine-san can do it!" Mary declared confidently.

"Excuse me-?"

"Shhhh!!!" Belky gestured to them to tune down their voices. "...Be quiet!"

"I also agree with this joker." Nicole opened her mouth. "That one has the title of 'Demon Puppeteer'."

"? How did you know? My Analyze skill won't work on her?" Julious was perplexed.

"I have the assassin's eye. But I still can't see the rest of her like her status."

"I see. Then will the four of us continue this mission?"

"Yes." Said Mary.

"Aye. Yo, Of course yes."

"I agree."

And so, the four of them were about to go deeper in the depths of the wood.

◇◆◇

Plunder- A skill that can only be activated to anyone who had been dominated by Marreine. It is used to steal any skill. [A subskill of Ultimate Skill: Lucifer]