Chapter 9: Monster Subjugation

I expected that a guild existed in this world. In typical stories, games, and novels, a guild is a place where you can earn money by taking tasks or quests.

That's right— M.O.N.E.Y!

That's only what I need.

But listening to Alvin and his mom, it seems like I still need to reach level 9 to attend some academy and then you can go become an adventurer.

Seriously, not again! Academy? Am I going to study again? I don't remember studying in my previous world but I really hate it.

And Alvin also said he received Special Passive Skill: Sword Master of Arena, (Gladiator) that skill has a long name.

And also, Special? Are there many kinds of skills here? Why do I only acquire Passive Skills? It's unfair.

I finished the warm soup the family gave to me and with a smile, I gave them my thanks. 

Suddenly, my Ultimate Skill: Angel of Peace, (Chamuel)’s Aura of Peace was about to activate but gladly, I stopped it.

Me being kind seems to be the trigger.

‘So by doing kind things, the skill activates on its own? I need to refrain from these.’ I concluded and when I glanced at their window, it's already dark.

“You wanted to join the academy right? They had free rooms and free food.” The mother asked me.

“Yes.” I replied. She was looking at me with sympathy. She must have thought that I have run away from my house or some slaves that esape.

“You can reach level 10 if you join us.” Alvin seconded.

“Join....?”

“Every night, since our village is close to the forest, we, the villagers, will defend our house, so we fight some monsters. And by fighting monsters, you can level up.”

“My son is right.... But I'm worried. I never saw a puppeteer before. Alvin, you heartless kid, you should protect Mareine.”

“Judging that you are already level 9, you can do it right?” Alvin looked at me trying to confirm if I really can do it.

“Yes, of course. I can do it.”

“Then that should do.”

“Take care Mareine okay?” Alvin’s mother seems to be more worried to me than her son. “Use Alvin as a shield okay?”

“....haha okay...” I responded then I, together with Alvin went outside their house.

We waved goodbye to his mother then I followed Alvin. We reached a place where there were about 20 people forming around and when they saw Alvin, they greeted him.

“Yo, Alvin!”

“Vin, who is that young chick behind you?” A tall man asked him as he talked about me.

I stepped out from the back of Alvin and waved a hi to them.

“This is Mareine, my friend. She is a puppeteer. She will help us until she reaches level 10. She is currently level 9”

“Okayy!! Since you arrived, let's start now!!”

The crowd cheered then, and the hunt started.

◇◆◇

The subjugation started and all the monsters so far were either wolf, slime and the mushroom monsters.

All of them were familiar to me since I also had some of my puppets same as them.

Looking at the battlefield, It seems that I am not needed. 20 people is a lot after all.

We were at the entrance of the village. In the middle, Alvin’s group was there. The right side was that old man and on the left side, that man who greeted us was in charge.

They were fighting gratefully and they also have some fighting style. The middle, mostly swords or knives, they are mlee. The right side was mainly range. Mostly archers.

The left, they're mage. They keep casting water blades or Ice blades. I also saw a wolf who sided with us.

I was surprised and so, one of their friends told me that the person controlling that wolf was a summoner.

As for me, I was in the very middle, located just in front of the fence’s gate at the entrance.

I was inspecting their moves and it was nice. But I need to gain some experience too. I came here to level up after all.

But, they doesn't seem to give me a chance to strike or help. As what I have said, I wasn't needed.

Alvin on the other hand has activated his Special Passive Skill: Sword Master of Arena (Gladiator) He was swinging his sword very efficiently and the wolves he slaughtered all disappeared. 

It was the effect of his Distinctive Passive Skill: One Swing Disappeared.

I also noticed that the summoner on the left side has a skill similar to mine. The Distinctive Passive Skill: Summoner’s Control with that skill, he can do whatever he likes with his summon. But when I used my Eye of Puppeteer on his wolf, the result was very nice. No wonder the wolf has great damage.

「Name: Forest Wolf
Level: 4
Skill: One bite fall, One fang poison, Swift Bite, Agility boost 」

I see, so unlike mine, summoners can level up their summons. Their pey can also gain some experience. 

Unlike mine, my puppets can't get any experience or some skill. They're literally puppets.

Then, after a long fight, my time has finally come.