Chapter 35: PseudoChristos

PseudoChristos’— Refers to an individual who has reached the level before the demon lord.

And, for all of her life, Marry finally met one. But she wasn't happy. Because after all, her comrades were on the verge of death.

Before the calamity, Marry was with the three back ups. That was, Julious, Nicole and Belky.

The four of them were on a hunt in the depth of the forest when suddenly, they heard a very loud thunder that came from the village, which they came from.

It wasn't just a usual thunder since the lightning was abnormal.

That's when they decided to stop and turn back, but a problem happened. They couldn't go back because an invisible barrier trapped the four of them.

They can't teleport or use any teleportation skill because the area was also covered in “Anti Teleportation Area”. They tried all means just to get out, but it was unfortunate. Nothing works.

Julious suspected that the duration of the barrier must be at half an hour, and he was correct.

The barrier disappeared and they fled.

But, it was too late.

The whole small village turned into nothing but a compilation of wrecks and ruins. 

The village people also seemed to have disappeared.

What was worse was a PseudoChristos level witch was waiting for them.

That's why the four of them, ‘It’s impossible.’ they thought heavily.

Against her morals, and with a heavy heart, Marry was forced to send back to the guild with all means.

At the capital, when Marry arrived with her flying Card like Jasmine’s Carpet, all the people at the capital were on alert to her.

They thought Marry was an intruder since the heavy flow of magic, mana and thunder was still happening kilometers away.

The misaccusation was then corrected when the guild officer, Alfred and Alcred helped her.

They were inside the guild hall with officers and authorities when Marry explained everything to them.

A PseudoChristos. Unlike Demon Lord and Demon Kings, PseudoChristos act in their own way.

Although this happened for the first time to all of them experiencing a havoc of a PseudoChristos who they thought was just a legend, they have come up with a plan as well.

“It’s my first time although I've read some books in history that they did make a disaster in our world.” Said one of the authorities of the government.

“I hereby agree. We should call our Seraphim to protect us.”

Seraphim’— A person possessing the power of Holiness that can defeat a calamity rank monster.

“The Seraphim of the church won't just roll their eyes on us. I'm sure they already are planning.” The other official added.

“But there was no Oracle that God sent us. You already know that Seraphims and Saints rely on the Oracle, don't you guys?” A young adult man said his words.

With that, an elder replied to him.

“That is indeed true. If there was no Oracle sent by the god, then they wouldn't take action.”

Listening to their conversation, Marry was in trouble. Time was moving faster. She only wanted her friends to be safe.

“But it's a PseudoChristos level monster! I'm sure the church will help us!”

“Look here, miss joker. We lack authorities. The church and the government are a separate faction.”

Everything seems to be getting on her way.

“My name is Marry Enviro Navida! I am from the house of Navida. My brother works as a paladin at the church and my godfather was a pope!”

Marry shouted. Declaring in a very noble and demanding way. It was her first time using her family name for a command.

“House Navida? Is she not lying?”

“I heard all the bloodlines of Navida have a symbol of suits. It must be that symbol engraved on the lower part of her eyes.”

The guildhall became silent, but the thunderstorm outside and the flashes of lights still didn't stop.

Then someone raises his hand. It was Alfred.

“I used your name Marry. Gladly, your brother agreed.”

Marry was kind of a surprise.

“...How can you say that?”

“I talked to him via telepathy. Your brother said that an army of fifteen troops riding a pegasus with the saint will be deployed and that you should come with him.”

Alfred's explanation made the whole place baffled. ‘Is the family Navida really that strong?’ They murmured.