Epilogue + Volume 2 New Cover

It was still night, probably midnight and what's below us was a plain of ground, woods, with no humans to be found, just some monsters and mobs.

“Also, please tell me where this place is?”

“A place that is not the country you got exiled to.”

“So where...?”

Even in the dark, her smile brightened up.

“To the neighboring country. We actually crossed the sea.”

W-what??

We crossed the sea... Does that mean she teleported us to a place that was separated from that courthouse’s country by a sea?

“Is this place an island?” I asked her, I don't seem to see a surrounding sea nearby or some sea horizon.

“No. This place is in another country. That country you got exile was the island closer to this place.” She explained. “In case you didn't know, Cascrod is a county where you can never take a step again.”

You..... You gotta be kidding me! She sent me to a totally different place!

“I will visit you sometimes, if our paths cross again.” She gently said.

I forgot, she was still extending her hand at me to shake hands.

She doesn't seem to have ill intentions towards me. I drew back nearer to her and accepted her hand.

“Saintess Olivia, I'm Mareine.”

Together, we shake hands. She then closed back her face with the veil back and cast some spell on me.

“It’s just some place detection spell. No need to feel threatened.” She explained.

She doesn't seem to be bad, but she was very blunt. I remember her calling me termite?

She was about to go, but I asked her for the last time.

I firstly asked him whether I killed the villager people and she just looked at me with a blank face. “You’ll find out sooner.” Is what she said.

I also asked her why on all places she sent me here, and told me the same thing. She was very secretive.

“..... This is the very last... What is PseudoChristos?”

With my question, I made the whole conversation go silent.

PseudoChristos means false Messiah. ” She answered. An individual on the verge of becoming a demon lord.”

“......”

“I answered all your doubts and questions. I shall go.”

She seems like being forced to do or act.... Like someone in a poker game who hid their real face and emotions.

“See you again puppeteer Mareine.....Muriel.”

Then she disappeared.

Well, she did give me the answer I was looking for. The PseudoChristos

If I said ‘Yeswould things have turned out differently by now?

I couldn't tell.

Well, I didn't regret it. She said at the end that PseudoChristos are demon lords and I don't wanna be that kind of creature.