Chapter 26: A new guest

«Master, please wake up now. The human next bed is about to open her eyes.»

A husky voice echoed inside Mareine’s head. She was about to follow Sebris, the young girl she met, but with the sudden message, she had no choice other than to come back to the real world.

In the real world, Mareine appears to be sleeping. It could be said that the things that happen inside the ‘World of Puppets’ can be said as dreams.

World of Puppets’ is a physical dimension and world but Mareine can only enter it spiritually or through dreams. Although she can grab something inside with her hands via magic circles or put something inside, she cannot enter inside through a magic circle.

Mareine’s body slowly dissipated as she waved goodbye to Sebris and then she opened her eyes perfectly when Marry was about to wake her.

“Mareine san, I'm glad you're awake...”

“Mmmm. So, the plan?”

“Don’t be in a hurry Mareine-san, I'll tell you now.”

And so, the plan Marry made was shared with Mareine. It was very difficult and twisted because Mareine couldn't understand, so Marry told her that ‘Witch’ is a class.

“A class? I thought it's a thing you called a hideous monster who rides in a flying broom?” Very baffled, Mareine surprisingly said.

“M-Mareine-san..... A witch is a class that belongs to ‘Mage’. They are skilled in dark magic.” Mary Explained.

“I s-see. So they're human like us?”

“Yes Mareine-san, that's why this would be easy since we're just going to negotiate with the witch.”

‘That’s all?? I can't believe that witch is a class. No wonder Marry was just not scared and she's just very laxed.’ Mareine said inwardly.

“Okay. So how will we find that witch? What time will it start?”

“Mareine san, about that—

Knock knock.

Both of the girls looked at each other when they heard a knocking noise in their doors in the middle of their conversation. It was because the knocking noise was a bit strange. It was very hard and so was the loud noise it made.

They signaled each other and Mareine decided to open the door.

And then, a huge image of a man emerged behind the door.

“T-The guild officer Alfred!!?”

Marry was the first one to recognize and next was Marreine who was apparently in the front.

“I heard that this mission was taken by two girls. Mind if I join in?”

◇◆◇

And so, another person joined in the plan. Alfred, the brother of Alcred, one of the officers of the adventurer’s hall.

I don't know why he came here, but one idea came to me. It is to tell us that we can't handle the mission.

With my Azazel, three chairs were made with a table in the middle, and there, the meeting began.

“S-so guild officer Alfred-sama.... Why did you come here...?” Marry asked him.

“I do not like beating around the bush, so let me tell you straight. This mission is an A+ rank but not higher than S class. This mission also has a sub-quest.”

As expected. Then he's telling us that we should let other people do this mission instead. It's okay I think. Partaking on this mission was on a whim anyways. I just needed to know what Marry’s skills are like, the information in this place and many more. 

‘And I think I had enough.’

“Because the mission has a rank threat of A+, the mission will be continued but with more adventurers.”

That was what the guild officer said. Wait....... eh? Does that mean the mission—

“DOES THAT MEAN WE GET TO CONTINUE THE MISSION!!?” Marry shouted, withdrawing from her seat.

“I already talked to my brother and the backup teams will be coming to this place later.”

“Really? How many are they?”

“Hmmm. Since the mission is A+, and there's two of you in this place... Then maybe 3 adventurers will be coming this way.” Officer Alfred explained to me.

“Yey Mareine-san! It's a party!!”

What? Party? What's that?? A fest? Should we be happy..?

“If the mission is A+, then a party of 5 adventurers will be the requirements.” Alfred added.

I misunderstood it. Party means joining a mission with many people from what he said I guess.

“Mareine-san! Our plan will continue!!” Marry said excitedly to me.

“Plan?”

I didn't get it, what does she mean? Even the Adventurer’s hall officer was confused too, looking at us.

“You know... The plan Mareine san!!” Marry pursued me with her face coming near to mine.

“Yes, yes. I remembered it, so stop that...”

Looking at us, Alfred starts to feel interested.

“What could be the plan of the two of you? Mind if you tell me?” 

“Mareine-san and I will show you, officer-sama!!” Marry exclaimed.