Chapter 301: The City of Swords, Avalon!

Começar do início

"... I wish you could also attend our wedding..." [Yuna]

Even then, it wasn't all just happy scenes. She was talking to them excitedly, but she knew full well that they were no longer a part of the world. A crestfallen look befell on her face, trying to hold herself back from bawling her eyes out.

Yuna had long already accepted the fact that her parents had passed away, yet she still longs for their warmth and love. No amount of money nor fame could ever be exchanged for something so trivial yet invaluable.

"It's alright, Yuna... I'm sure they'll be watching over us." [Grey]

"Un... You're right..." [Yuna]

All Grey could do was comfort his beloved, letting her head rest on his shoulders as he held her hands even tighter. Before long, he also joined in on the conversation, telling all sorts of stories in their daily lives, including Yuna's daily shenanigans, making the latter flustered.

Just like that, time slowly passed and the sun climbed higher on the sky. Grey once again checked on the barrier surrounding the place, making sure there was nothing wrong with it and everyone could rest in peace.

The familiars also gave their greetings to everyone, bowing their heads respectfully. Even the usually energetic and short-tempered Procyon was being well behaved, uncharacteristically quiet like Achernar and Capella. Such a serene scene it was.

"Mom, Dad, everyone, it's time for us to go. I don't know when I can visit you again, I'll try to drop by whenever I can." [Yuna]

"Don't worry, Mister Folsen, Missus Ristelle, like before, I'll make sure to take care of your daughter. I'll always be there for her." [Grey]

"Hear that, Mom, Dad? It seems you have nothing to worry about, and don't worry, your daughter is already plenty strong by herself. I can protect myself!" [Yuna]

"That's right. She could probably annihilate an army or two if she ever wanted. I don't think there's anyone who'd willingly pick a fight with her. Haha." [Grey]

Time was running low and it was almost time to go. Unlike before, the mood was now much lighter, Grey and Yuna joking around as they said their farewells. A subtle smile was afloat on Yuna's pretty face, her eyes gentle as can be.

"Then, goodbye~! See you later~!" [Yuna]

The winds howled once more and the fallen leaves danced in the air. A glimmering streak of platinum darted towards the sky as Sirius flapped her wings. The clouds were once again parted, flying freely, unbound by any chains.

Since Grey had been all over the continent in his hunt before, the journey became much shorter. They used a gate to the nearest location from their destination, flying the remaining distance at breakneck speeds even lightning couldn't compare to,

They soon crossed the borders, an even more tropical scene greeting them. The grass was much lighter, a shade of olive painted all over the plains. The forests were taller too, brand new varieties of fauna and flora as far as the eyes can see.

It wasn't just the scenery, the wind was quite welcoming too. It was pretty much like the humid and temperate air Grey was ever so familiar back in his previous life. One which brought about memories of his tropical, summer days.

Soon enough, as they continued to fly in the air, a staggering city came into view, walls higher than any tree and a castle shining like a gem. It was no less beautiful than Alfrione's Royal Castle, only differing in styles of architecture.

There was also no need to land in a forest like usual. Grey and Yuna had already informed the King about their way of transport, and to their surprise, the King said it would be alright to land with a dragon. He himself was a fan of them and would very much like to see one for himself.