"Ok then, why were you slowly inching away once I mentioned the... uhh.. 'incident'?" he inquired, staring at me with an amused expression plastered on his face.

I realized I was nearly at the edge of my seat, I didn't know what to say so I lied, "I had coffee this morning and it gave me bad breath. I didn't want you to be grossed out."

I looked away and shut my eyes, mentally cursing myself. Bad breath?! How much stupider could you get Lily, you sound ridiculous!

He chuckled and leaned in closer, barely grabbing my chin and turning my head back around. I flinched at his touch, then relaxed and turned to face him.

"Your lying." He smiled. My jaw dropped and before I could protest the bell rang interrupting us. He got up and made his way to the door without looking back.

I sat there in disbelief. How had he known I was lying, it sounded very believable! I mean, it wasn't a ridiculous lie, it made sense... Didn't it? People had coffee all the time!

The teacher cleared his throat and I realized I was the only one left in class. I gathered my things before heading out towards the door, but the teacher stopped me and motioned me to come to him.

Confused I walked over and spoke, "Yes?"

He smiled up at me and replied, "Lily, right?" I nodded and he continued, "I saw you helping Mason earlier, he really seemed to understand and connect with you. He is a really good kid but he hasn't been doing the best in this class and..."

Did he say good kid? Did he even know about the 'incident'? I quickly processed his words and shook my head vigorously. I knew where he was going with this.

"No.. I don't th-" I began before he cut me off and proceeded talking.

"... And it would mean a lot if you could help him out. You know, tutor him. He seemed to understand you more than he understands my lessons. It would look good on your transcript, and word will get around with the teacher's, we have all been looking for someone to help him."

"I... I don't k-know... I mean I don't think I should..."

He nodded as if he understood but didn't look like he was going to back down. "Listen, it's his senior year and he needs to pass this class. He's great in all his other classes and it would be unfair if this one class held him back. He really is smart guy."

I tried to speak to protest, but nothing came out.

"Please, Lily. We are desperate. The staff all want the best for him."

I stared at him curiously, his eyes pleaded and he stared at me with need.

"Umm... Yeah I guess... Why not." I mumbled, staring at the floor. I couldn't say no but I really wasn't looking forward to this at all. I mean all I knew about him was that everyone says he.. er... stabbed a kid. Not very welcoming.

"Thank you so much!!" The teacher stood up shaking my hand and thanking me some more. "I will let him know and you two can work out a schedule tomorrow, this is great!"

I nodded and slumped my shoulders, strolling away.

"Wait!" He called after me, running up with a note as students started to file inside.

"Its a late slip." I nodded gratefully, and made my way to my next class trying to process all this. As I was walking through the halls I went through my conversation with Mason. He had been best friends with Jimmy? I find that hard to believe.

_____________________________________________________________

Lunch came just in time, this time I actually remembered where Jimmy's spot was. I made my way through the halls, weaving in between people. Finally I made my way to the table and sat down, I knew this was the right table but no one was here.

Sighing, I plopped my bag on my the table and pulled out an apple, munching on it just as two girls came over and sat down talking about some guy who is 'so freakin' hott!'

I rolled my eyes and looked in the other direction, clearly excluded from their conversation, not that I minded. I took another bite out of my apple just as I felt a pair of hands cover my eyes.

I shrieked at the cold touch then relaxed.

"Guess who!" A voice sang. I rolled my eyes, he has got to be kidding me. He's like my only friend in this school, how many guessing options could I seriously have?

"Hmmmm... Lemme guess... Micheal?" I teased, the hands were removed and I turned around to see a frowning Jimmy. I smiled up at him but he clearly didn't seem to get the joke.

"Who's Micheal?" He asked, still frowning. I stared at his serious face and broke out laughing, his face was just too cute! He still remained dead serious.

"I'm... Only... Joking.." I huffed out between breaths, standing up and giving him a hug. I pulled away and he still had his eyebrows furrowed together.

"That wasn't very funny. Or nice."

I bit my lip trying to hold back another laugh, "I know... I'm sorry."

He read my face for a few seconds then smiled, "It's OK." We took a seat next to each other as a few other people joined the table with their lunches.

"Mmm that looks good!" He pointed out, looking at his friends plate filled with chilli cheese fries.

"Get your own!" His friend joked, snatching his plate back before Jimmy's could reach it.

Jimmy frowned, "Okay, fine. I'm going to grab lunch, you want something?" Jimmy asked as he got up, I shook my head no and he frowned. "You have to eat Lily. It's not healthy to starve yourself."

I smiled and assured, "I'm not hungry. I promise if I get hungry I'll grab something to eat." He considered this for a moment and nodded, leaving with a few of his friends.

I sighed and took out my binder, finishing up any homework I had, just to get it out of the way. The other girls continued to carry on their conversation about a teacher that they were crushing on, I rolled my eyes and continued to finish up my work.

Moments later a girl I recognized from yesterday came over gushing, her face was red and her curly brown hair bounced up and down as she bounced over here. I think her name was... Michelle?

"Melissa, what happened?" A girl asked.

Melissa. Close enough. I shrugged and continued my work.

She fell onto the bench next to me and propped her head on her hands, placing her elbows on the table.

"Those eyes..." She gushed, staring off into space.

My ears perked up and I stopped with my pencil in mid-air.

Oh no, this couldn't be what I think it is.

"What? Melissa, Who?" Another girl asked, shaking Melissa as she snapped back from her loving gaze, back into reality.

She didn't say anything but giggled instead.

"Earth to Melissa!!!" a girl exclaimed.

"Who are you talking about?!" Another one joined in.

I didn't even need a reply, I knew exactly who Melissa was talking about...

Those eyes...

It all rang a bell and I wondered what he could have done.

She still replied.

"Mason..." she sighed, still gazing at nothing.

I gulped and slowly turned around, looking behind me.

Sure enough, there he was. Watching.

Even in a huge crowd of people he could stand out. He could stand out in any crowd.

When his turquoise eyes targeted mine I froze and held my breath just as a smirk spread across his face.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~