Chapter 4

<pre>

(RECAP)

After the confusing change of events that went on at the shop, I went home and took a nice hot shower to try and clear my head. Had Rosie really meant what she said?

As I hopped out of the shower in search of a towel, I heard the doorbell ring. I figured it was only Caroline coming back from grocery shopping so I wrapped my towel tightly around my and made my way down the steps, taking me time to make sure i didn't fall.

Ding-Dong! "Just a minute!!" I shouted as I made my way down the step, letting out a sigh of relief.

I glided towards the door keeping one arm on my towel, just in case. As I reached the door and opened it, my jaw dropped.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 4

Standing in front of me was the man I least expected to see... My father. He was wearing faded blue jeans and an old brown button up shirt. He had a slight bearded shadow, and his auburn hair was a little messy, and fell over his forest green eyes.

Those same eyes I had to face every morning when I woke up and looked in the mirror. I hated my green eyes, simply because they took after him. I also had his auburn hair but I died it black because I was so sick of seeing myself have any resemblance to him. I'd once considered contacts but I figured that would be overboard so I just left my eyes alone.

It took me a moment to take in his presence, it felt so foreign and strange to have him on our doorstep after all these years. After taking a few deep breaths I was brought back to reality.

"What do you want?" I snapped. I was surprised at my own tone of voice. My father scratched his head then rubbed his hands over his face. I couldn't help but notice how he hasn't aged much since I saw him last 11 years ago, except for his beard and his hair was a little longer, but I wasn't surprised since he married my mom at a young age. All in all, he was probably barely 40, maybe even younger.

"You know, I've imagined this moment so many times, I've even prepared speech after speech, trying to figure out how I would explain everything to you..." he slowly looked around, "But I'm just gonna start with, Can I come inside?" he concluded with a sad smile.

I kept my defensive stance by the door as I thought this over, then reluctantly I let him in. He let out a sigh of relief as I opened the door, then slammed it as hard as I could behind him. To my surprise he didn't startle.

"Well I'm going to put on some clothes, the living room's that way." my voice was ice cold. I pointed towards the hallway that led to the living room, then made my way up the stairs to my room, not caring at all if I slipped.

After I had blow dried my hair and applied a small amount of makeup, I went to my closet in search of something rebellious to wear. Most of my clothes were sprawled out on the floor, at my attempt of packing.

I eventually to the conclusion that i didn't own anything rebellious, so I decided to settle for faded Jean capris with a white tang top and a green button up plaid shirt. Wasn't even close to rebellious, but oh well. I took my time making my bed and cleaning up bits of junk around my room, until I finally decided that i had wasted enough time.

I grabbed my cell, put on some socks, and made my way down the steps. Once I got to the bottom I stopped when I heard my Aunt Caroline's voice. "Ya know, when I told that girl you was having her come live with ya, she was so excited."

My so-called father just chuckled and replied, "You don't have to lie on my account Caroline, I know that Lily is devastated to have to leave Utah behind and come live in the city, especially with me.."