Chapter 298: S-rank Quest!

Start from the beginning

"The Lindhart Kingdom has already requested to the Adventurers' Guild, and it has been evaluated as an S-rank quest." [Gaston]

"Grey, Yuna, take this with you. This is a map of the Lindhart Kingdom, and the plains are near the city of Farlyle located in the southwest." [Tilda]

"G-Good luck, Grey, Yuna!" [Nonna]

"You can do it, Your Highnesses! Show us what you've got!"

"Oohh! Show them what the heroes are made of!"

They couldn't even speak a single word, everything already decided as if it was the most natural thing to do. The quests were even processed when they didn't even hand over their guild cards to them.

Even now, they were still a little baffled about what just happened, feeling like things elapsed like a blur. Well, along with it, Yuna's wish for a monster extermination quest has been fulfilled, even wilder than she ever imagined.

"Ohh~! I'm getting fired up!" [Yuna]

Of course, Yuna, being somewhat of battle-junky that she was, was super excited to face such a horde. They had already agreed that she'll be facing the boss while Grey and the familiars would eliminate the others.

"Looks like we've arrived..." [Grey]

"Waah~! There sure are a lot of them!" [Yuna]

Such words were an understatement. There weren't just a lot of them, their numbers were overwhelming, thousands of monsters marching like an army of destruction, ready to lay ruin to everything in their path.

The earth rumbled and the winds howled with every step they took, clouds of dust brewing all over the field as they trampled upon the green grass and colorful flowers. Countless red eyes glowed with danger and lust for blood.

...

Countless knights, soldiers, and adventurers rallied on the fields, all wearing heavy armor and all sorts of equipment. They were lined up neatly, all looking forward to the rumbling cloud of dust and roars before them.

There were warriors and mages, there were humans, elves, and therianthropes, there were men and women, and there were all sorts of people, yet all had one thing in common... Their hearts were racing madly. Hearts pumping with dread and anxiety.

"How many people do we have in total?" [Lt. Commander]

"Including the adventurers and the supports, we have roughly more than 13,000 troops, Lt. Commander."

"And the C-rankers?" [Lt. Commander]

"That's... Including you, we only have six..."

The eyes of the Lt. Commander once again looked at the horde of monsters before them, eyes indifferent as one can be. He soon pulled out his trusty sword from its scabbard, feeling the weight of all the lives before him.

Even when they outnumbered the enemies, there was not a shred of confidence on his face. After all, a single Alpha Werebeast would be more than enough to decimate their ranks, and yet there were multiple of them. How could he bear to smile?

'Looks like this is the day I'llー' [Lt. Commander]

"Looks like this'll be our graves, huh, Old Fart?" [Guildmaster]

She took the words straight out of his mouth. Beside him was a fierce-looking lady bearing a greatsword with her, one even larger than her body. She was the current Guildmaster of the Guild, smiling even though she was clearly nervous.