𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐢𝐱

"How do you...feel about Kakyoin?"

Jotaro looked at his mother with a blank face, and without hesitation he immediately answered.

"I love him."

For a second, she had admired his voice, it was calm, and it was rare to hear him speak like that. When she realized what he had just said, Holy was shocked to hear such words come out of his mouth.

She knew something was up with her son. He wouldn't just leave everyday somewhere for a nobody. It was the night he had stayed over with Kakyoin, the night that she accepted that Jotaro was acting strangely.

"You love him?"

"There's something about him that's just so pure. I know how he grew up, I understand he's misunderstood. I would die for him. I would kill for him. I don't know if this is friendship or whatever...but I don't think it is. It's more than that."

He sighed and turned his head, not wanting to face his mother and her reaction. He lowered his hat over his face, a little embarrassed. All he had said was true.

"...I'm...glad to hear you express yourself."

What she didn't say is that it isn't normal to want to kill for another. She felt like it wasn't necessary to tell him because either way, she couldn't do anything about it.

"Are you sure dear?"

Jotaro gave his mother an intense look of disgust for a moment. He didn't get why she was asking so much, he had made it obvious.

"Yea."

"I'll tell him! Maybe he likes you back—"

"No. I swear to god you bitch..."

"Okay! It's just a me and you secret."

Holy immediately knew she couldn't tell Kakyoin. Jotaro could lose trust with her, and that is the least thing she could want.

Jotaro got up and started to walk out.

"Jotaro."

He turned around wondering what more Holy could want from him. The talk was awkward enough, and he had just outed himself without thought.

"I'm sure he feels the same way."

His face loosened up looking at his mother. She was near tears. Holy was happy to know that finally, after being mistreated, someone as sweet and caring like Kakyoin could set him straight. She had been waiting for this moment, scared that it would never happen.

And now that she knows how Jotaro feels, she could tell that he was not going to let Kakyoin go easily.

Holy sipped the tea she had made, her head was full of thoughts. Why was Jotaro being so obsessive over this pink-haired boy?

And that was that. The chat they had shared. It was short but meaningful for the both of them.

Back to present time...
Currently, the train to Nagoya is thirteen minutes away from its destination.