Chapter 296: Terrible Thieves

"Ohh! Aren't these real gold?!"

"Boss! There's platinum and noirite here as well!"

"Ohh! We're going to be rich!"

They were all happy and excited at the thought of seeing such valuable materials and ores. They may be in small amounts, but they were enough to make a fortune. Not only that, they also started taking away all the smithing apparatus they could see.

『Quite the greedy ones, aren't they?』 [Grey]

Unfortunately for them, they weren't alone in the property. Two pairs of eyes watched them from afar, watching each and every one of their moves with Grey's "Heaven's Eye" like curious onlookers who are only wishing for entertainment.

They have already detected the thieves even when they were still quite the distance away, but rather than panicking or seeking help like any normal person would, they simply watched the robbery unfold, looking forward to the show before them.

Though, Grey didn't think they'd also loot his workshop. He had left a few materials for forging High-Grade equipment from his previous work, and now, they are happily being taken away by the thieves with money-grubbing looks on their faces.

『Fufufu! They also took all my herbs and materials in the laboratory.』 [Yuna]

『And yet, here you are, clearly enjoying yourself. Are you not angry?』 [Grey]

『Why should I? We could just take them back anytime, you know? And, Grey, weren't you the only one who invited me to watch?』 [Yuna]

『Well, I guess that's true...』 [Grey]

They were carefree as one can be, not even minding the fact that their house was being robbed. If it were any other people, they would have already screamed in panic and confusion. They were just totally different breeds.

The thieves continued to scour around the place, and before long, they were finally finished with Grey's workshop. They soon headed back to the house, climbing the second floor whilst keeping in mind the steps they took.

They were quite thorough as well, their leader, as an alchemist, using chemicals to erase their traces. It was no wonder the knights and soldiers were having a hard time catching them. They were very experienced on the job.

They opened door after door without leaving any stones unturned. Soon, they arrived at one of the guest bedrooms Kris and Aria once used when they still hadn't bought a home. It was a well-designed room with a lot of valuables to boot.

"Looks like we hit another jackpot, boys! Let's get to searching!"

"As you command!" "Aight, aight, got it."

Once again, with eyes sparkling with excitement, they scoured the room for anything and everything they could loot. From dresses, to appliances, and even bits of jewelry, they stored them all inside the storage ring, and into the bags when it was full.

Grey and Yuna also followed the trio in their little quest, walking around the place as they veiled themselves with illusion magic, Yuna using her ability all the while to keep themselves hidden from plain sight. Not a single one of the thieves had noticed them.

And just as the robbery progressed, a sense of mischief bloomed in the hearts of the two. After all, what kind of house owner would simply let their house be robbed. They also needed to fight back and have a little bit of fun.

"Hmm... Oh! These look good too! I wonder how much they'llー Wait, stop bothering me for a moment, I'm working on something,"

The boss couldn't even finish his words when he suddenly felt a light tapping on his shoulders. He decided to ignore it for now, yet little did he know, it was the start of their misfortune, two figures now smiling to themselves.