34

3 months later-

it wasn't surprising that more that one person was charged in some way. the people charged were no other than michael bowen, tilly keegan, howie bennett, thomas berkley and of course, ashlyn caswell.

those girls held captive were now free in the big wide world that was taken away from them for so long. i couldn't bring lily back but i could, in some way, help these girls develop some sort of future.

after the case was closed, so many good things started happening for ricky and me. i was able to pass most of my final exams despite the fact that everyone expected so much from me and now was my high school graduation day.

ricky had managed to get into nyu but i decided that i needed to really push the boundaries more. my dream was always to go to college but now, i wasn't sure. i wanted to help people the best i could so i decided to become a detective, working side by side with the police and hopefully, getting justice that most people deserved.

long distance was going to be hard but we could make it work, persides, we're ricky and nini.

"nini?"

"hey bubs, how is new york?"

"it's good but i miss your face, listen, i'm gonna be coming home soon for spring break but there is something that i don't think you want to hear"

"what is it?"

"it's to do with ej, i think there is probably more to the way he was killed than meets the eye, i mean why would ashlyn kill her own cousin?"

"ricky, the case is closed, there's nothing more i can do"

"screw the police, you're not going to be trapped by their rules, are you in this or not?"

could i do this? would i be able to figure out the truth of my friend? it may not be positive at all, there may be hard hitting truths but that doesn't stop me from saying yes.

"i'm in!"

to be continued...