18

so i'm mad, i'm mad at the world and most specifically, ricky. all i wanted to do was to get something, anything out of tilly but no, instead it resulted into a stupid fight which means that the two of us have got cuts, scars and bruises and for some reason, i've got the job of cleaning up ricky's hand.

"agh, why did you have to get a bottle of alcohol with 99.9% of alcohol in it?" 

"you ought to be grateful that i'm cleaning it, i could have easily left the party after you overreacted and had to fight with thomas"

"he was being a jerk, he nearly killed you"

"and he nearly killed you, what on earth were you thinking?"

"i was trying to protect you!"

"i said i could handle it!"

"really?! because from the sounds of it, you looked intimidated by him!"

"i wasn't, if anything, i was empowered, i could finally do something and you just had to screw it up!"

"no, i did you a favour!"

"NO YOU DIDN'T!"

"YES I DID, MY GOD NINI, YOU'RE SO INSUFRABLE"

"SO ARE YOU!" our breathing is so heavy. the tension in the room could be cut with a knife but not even a knife would eliminate this tension right now.

i could have left, i could have easily walked out of that door and left this dreaded case behind but he stopped me or maybe it was his eyes, i don't even know.

the room felt still, just the two of us staring at each other as i glanced at his hand every now and then just to avert my gaze from his eyes that i kept getting lost in. i examined his hand, it was still cut but most the blood had stopped and, in that moment, i wanted to do something so dumb and weird but i resulted into doing something else.

i chickened out and just interlaced our fingers, occasionally bringing his hand to my lips and kissing it. he seemed to like this so i kept doing it until the both of us felt the need to say something.

"nini?"

"mhm" i was dazed or it sure felt like it. like i was under some sort of spell and i didn't want to get out of it.

"i'm sorry, i don't really know what i'm doing, i'm an idiot and as soon as he said that, i got mad and it costed us as a result, i want to try and be better so can you help me become better?" my mind was foggy as i took in his words, my hands finding my way to play with his hair and oh gosh, it was so fluffy, it felt like clouds and rainbows and i could do this forever if i had to and ricky didn't seem to mind either, he seemed as though he was going to fall asleep.

"i'm sorry too, i have to admit, your protective side is pretty hot" i wanted to stop saying these things but my brain couldn't function and he seemed to blush, staring into my eyes again.

"but, yeah, i'd be honoured to help you become better" he smiled as he grabbed my chin to face him.

and then it hit me like a ton of bricks...

i like richard bowen and i am falling hard for him.