"you fell for me?" his voice was soft, fragile but everything about us was a lie.

"mhm, but it doesn't matter, you don't even feel the way i feel-"

"the 17th august 2017, do you remember that date?"

"no, and why should i?"

"that was the day where i knew i loved you"

oh

"nini, i want you... not for your body, not because i'm bored, not for your looks, not just to be together with someone, not for a bet, not to play with your feelings or to hang out with you when people are bored or sick of me"

"i want you because... because you're amazing, you are just perfect in my eyes, you lit up my life when i lost hope from the second you entered it , you just care for me and you gave me a chance when nobody else did, i love you so so much and i hope you know that i'd never hurt you or cheat on you, i couldn't do that to you, you're my world and i can't find anyone better than you"

"you really mean that?" i walk closer, still keeping a bit of distance between us as he pants, grabbing my hand and placing it over his heart.

"my heart beats for you nini, it's always been you"

"um, well, i need time" i tell him, my hand dropping when i realise that he has let go of my hand, the pained look on his face but then turns into a small, sad smile.

"it's not that i don't want to give you another chance, i do, but i have to protect myself from getting hurt" he nods, slowly getting what i was saying.

"yeah, ok, i get that, you're helping me get out of trouble so i'll help you by being there for you and respecting your wishes" i hug him sadly but i know this is for the best.