6

"hello?" i hear gina say down the line. by the sounds of it, it seems as though she hasn't put her phone on speaker but me and ricky have so for that reason alone, ricky is talking relatively louder.

my god, his voice is so irritating! but shoot, i've gotta record the conversation on my own phone, starting now!

R: uh hey g, how are you doing?

G: ricky? is that you?

R: yeah... um, it's been a while, hasn't it

G: omg, it really has but listen, i'm not exactly in the mood to talk right now

R: oh ok, sorry for bothering you

this dumbass...

"keep her on the line bowen!" i whisper yell as he looks at me with confusion written all over his face.

"what?"

"huh, did i say something?"

my god!

"give me the phone!" i yell as i yank the phone out of his hands quickly, carefully, making sure that my shoes don't trip over the edge of the carpet.

"hi, sorry about ricky, my name is sophie daniels, i'm here interviewing ricky to get some evidence about the party that lily keegan last attended and i was wondering if you would be kind enough to provide some evidence"

and this is the point where i ask ricky to hit record again!

G: oh my goodness (laughs awkwardly) i'm so sorry, my bad! I didn't realise that ricky was speaking to reporters but i'd be happy to talk

N/S (i don't even know at this point): ahh it's ok, so first question, what do you think of the case of lily keegan?

G: it's total rubbish, i mean, the girl absolutely despised me, she deserved what she got

woah ok, that was not the response i was expecting!

N/S: wow, ok, so you and lily had a feud? how long did it roughly last for?

G: two years? honestly, those years were the worst few years of my life

N: did she do anything to you? did she bully you?

G: i mean, yeah.. i guess you could say that

N: was it physical bullying? or was it cyber bullying?

G: it was more verbal bullying but yeah, sometimes i did get threats from lily

N: hmm, how so?

G: it was threats like stay away from ricky, he's mine and stupid stuff like that

N: right, final question, did you and ricky have a thing behind lily keegan's back which was notably seen by a witness on the 18th october, the day lily died?

G: uh no... wait, who saw?

N: that's not my business to say

G: yes, it is, if someone is going to lie blatantly and say that i had something with him, then they are wrong and then need to be speaking to the police directly

N: i... (the line goes dead and ricky stares at me, stopping the recording as my phone is dangling from his hands)

"woah, how did you get her to talk like that?" this boy really is stupid, if only he wasn't so dumb!

"one thing about me, i'm a great actress and the second thing about me is that i don't tolerate cheaters" i tell him, grabbing my bag from the kitchen and making my way towards the door.

i can feel his presence on me as i get into my car and pull out of the driveway of the house. it's obvious, he did have a thing with gina that definitely started on the 18th october but there may have been signs that gina could have had a bad experience due to all the things lily said about her.

the way gina spoke to me down the phone was something that confused me slightly, she had no remorse for lily. i'll admit it, lily wasn't exactly the nicest person to everyone but gina seemed glad? almost relieved that lily was dead? i mean it's just strange...

plus, i would have liked to spoken to her about ej, but unfortunately, she hung up before i even got the chance. this is the most confusing thing of all, if i had managed to get more evidence out of her then maybe, just maybe, we would have found out what exactly was going on with ej that night.

all i know is that now, there appears to be more signs that this case is going to be hard to solve and now that gina seems suspicious, could this mean that there is a likelihood that she killed lily?

i mean, anything is possible at this point, but my plan of action is to get more input about howie bowers because i still don't exactly trust him yet. let's just say that the persons of interest list is growing by the minute.

Persons of Interest

Howie Bowers

Gina Porter

Ricky Bowen? 

EJ Caswell???

My friends (still yet to speak to Ashlyn about EJ)