11

"neens, please wake up, can you hear me? nini wake up, wake up" he yells as my eyes quickly open at him, coughing gently before he hugs me in his arms swaying us.

"what happened? why am i no longer on the street? did he drug me?" i ramble, my head hurting as he sighs, placing a pillow under my head.

"i dealt with him, well sorta, he ran away from us after your eyes closed and i beat the living hell out of him"

he did that? just for me?

"aww does ricky bowen have a protective side?"

"no i don't, well.. i don't think so"

"you definitely do, you saved me which is surprising considering that you're seen as a murderer"

his eyes look at me questionly before he tickles my side.

"ok, stop it, i'm sorry, you're innocent ricky and howie bennett is right up there now on my persons of interest list, i mean, he almost killed me"

"almost, if it wasn't for me coming back for you, the whole situation would have been a lot worse"

"why did you come back for me?" i smile when he places his hand on my cuts and scars.

"i don't know, i guess i admire you, i mean sure, you're rude to me sometimes but you do it because you care"

"so many people think i'm guilty but you're the only person who has actually believed that i'm innocent so thank you" he grabs my hand and kisses it gently across his lips.

the absolute flirt.

"oh um, you're welcome, so uh, ow, that hurt" i feel myself being pulled onto his lap as he carefully makes sure that i'm comfortable as possible.

"stay here, just tell me what you've found out so far and i'll try and figure out the rest, how does that sound?"

"sounds good, um, so, do you happen to know anything about spiking?"

now or never, i guess..

"yeah, actually, i do, my friend big red actually used to do it before every house party"

"calamity party, so big red? where you two close?"

"sort of, our friendship was complicated, he wanted to fit in and i was already popular so he hung about with me until he got bored"

"oh.. so you never spiked anyone's drinks?"

"no, i would never, where did you get that information from?"

"my friend ash" he nods looking at his computer screen as i hug his hoodie softly, my head resting against his chest.

"ashlyn caswell huh? the girl big red went off with at the party"

"you know her?" i ask, my voice hoarse from the fear of today.

"unfortunately yes, i do"

not what i was expecting whatsoever ever. is ashlyn guilty? i mean, she said a few things that sparked interest when i spoke to her on the phone but she doesn't seem like the type of person who is willing to kill someone?

"is ash a bad person?"

"depends on how you look at her, she tends to put on a false front because it's easier but i know for a fact that she isn't that nice"

"how so?" his eyes glance at his phone as he shows me something that i didn't expect at all...