we're sat, watching carefully, waiting for howie bennett to arrive. it's cold, i'm not gonna lie, it would have been better if we had chosen to do this on a sunnier day but sadly, the case decided no.

"it's been an hour, where the hell is he?" ricky asks, staring at my phone, occasionally handing it over to me so he could blow his hands to make them warmer.

"ricky, we have got to be patient, it's only nine right now, but we have to wait until he turns up at 10:30pm"

"you never said that we'll be waiting that long, it's freezing"

"ricky please shut up and be quiet, ok? can you do that for once in your life?"

as soon as i say that, i have realised that i may have crossed the line a little bit and then it hits me, our first ever conversation.

"i have to be quiet at all times..." that's what he said, that's what he told me.

crap-

"nini, it's better if you just do this case on your own, it prevents me getting involved in your messes" he stands up, walking away from me as i try to run down the street after him, bumping into a large chest in the process.

howie bennett....

"you, it's you"

"huh, you don't know me, excuse me sir-" i feel my back against the brick wall pushing my head back further, my vision feeling dizzy by the minute.

i need to kick back, punch him, do anything but my hands are trapped in between of his fisted hands.

i see him grab a powder, a white powder. holy crap, he's trying to drug me and hurt me to the point where i feel weak and i can't physically bring myself to move or talk.

he keeps pushing my head against the wall as i can feel the blood against my face falling down like a stream. i want to cry, want to scream but i can't, if i do anything like that, he'll probably hurt me even more.

"howie, think about your girlfriend maria, she wouldn't approve of this behaviour at all"

"she wants a family with you, she wants a life with you as the father to her kids, how could you-"

"YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I WANT  WHAT I NEED, YOU'RE JUST A KID!" he makes me jump, coming even closer towards my face.

it's him, he killed lily, it has to be but there is no way on earth that i'll be able to tell anyone about this if he is going to hurt me at any given moment.

"you asshole, what the hell do you think you're doing?" i recognise that voice any day, despite the blood leaving my body in a worst possible way.

"ahh so you're in on this too ricky? you're teaming up with a pathetic little kid"

"what did you just say?"

"she's pathetic, i mean, think about it clearly ricky, you want me dead, nini should have just stayed out of my way" my eyes feel tired, more than usual and i'm fighting the urge to stay awake.

"if you ever touch her again, you will pay for it, ok?" i can see the two fighting as my eyes close.

the two figures were now just tiny dots in my eyes.

just tiny, tiny dots...