Princess of the Stars

It had been a few years since Stolas and Stella had been married. But it has been anything but happy. Like most Goetia weddings, it had been arranged without a single thought about them. Neither of them was happy. But they had no choice. They had to make a child, an heir to the Goetia race. It was their sole reason for being set up and forced to marry.

Stella was the strong, outspoken kind. She wasn't afraid to speak her mind and let other demons know what she thought of them. And since her first meeting with Stolas when they were young teens, she had never liked him. She had made that very clear, right to his face. Back then, Stolas had been timid and afraid to stand up for himself. He had always followed orders and let others run his life. On the other side, Stolas was still somewhat like that. It had always been difficult to go against others. He had never been able to refuse a direct order. Everything had been decided for him, from his hobbies to his friends.

Now years later, it was finally done. They had a child. On that day, a dim light appeared in the darkness of the nightmares. Stolas had always wanted to be a father. But he had promised never to become like his father, Paimon. He named his daughter Octavia after his mother. She was the only one on his side. But there was strength in numbers. Most of the Goetia race, including the elites, supported Paimon's methods. She hadn't been able to raise him without her husband's interference and dictating everything. Stolas kept the word about his daughter secret from his father as long as possible. Knowing him, he would try to make sure little Octavia turned into another one of him. Stolas was not about to let his father ruin his daughter's life as well. The cycle of abuse ended with this generation.

Then there was Stella. Octavia was the one good thing she had done. Stolas made another decision. It was time to be a father. Maybe some of his father's lessons and training were warranted after all. He had to be stronger to protect his daughter. Stolas knew Stella followed the traditional Goetia ways. And that meant Octavia was going to suffer like he had. He wasn't going to allow that. His daughter was everything. She was the only thing that brought out his genuine smile. And he was prepared to do anything to protect her.