Father's Day

It was Father's Day in the living world. Down in Hell, the concept didn't exactly exist. However, Stolas liked the idea and had it marked on his calendar. It was a quaint and amusing notion. His avian goth teen daughter Octavia knew about it but had never given it much thought. But this year, something felt different. Meanwhile, Blitzo's daughter Loona had the date marked as well. She had never given her dad anything but a childish drawing when she was just a pup. Now years later, it was still on his wall. She didn't know why. To her, it was just plain stupid. But if it had made him happy, it must have been good enough.

Octavia and Loona were good friends and hung out a lot. Today was no different. They were at the mall checking out their favorite clothing store and eating in the food court. After finding things for themselves, they happened across some dad-themed shirts. On a whim, they each bought one, along with a mug. Hell wasn't the kindest of places. And one didn't just do things out of gratitude. But the girls owed their fathers. So, it was decided that the four would spend the day together. Their respective mothers, Stella and Verosika, were away with friends on a girls' trip. Whether the timing was on purpose or not, who knew?

The four met up at the mansion. Loona and Blitzo drove up and let themselves in. The girls gave their dads the presents. Stolas and Blitzo put the shirts on right away and made tea. Next was an afternoon of baking with the radio playing in the background. The four baked a large cake and five batches of delicious cookies. The extras were bagged for I.M.P's other employees and the maids and butlers of the mansion. It had been a long time since each girl had spent time with her dad. Octavia and Loona made up for it now. They barely remembered their childhoods. Hell did that to you. All one could do was survive. There was no time to make memories. Not down here. That's why the little things mattered.