Two Worlds Part 5: On My Own

Andria was already on her way to the Lust Ring. One of her few remaining friends had picked her up. She was finally free. And it felt great, and she never wanted to look back. She was done with being treated like a helpless child. She could take care of herself. She didn't need them being so paranoid. Andria had already done research after her last failed escape attempt. She knew exactly where she was going. The first thing she did upon arrival was change her name and appearance. There was no way she would risk being recognized and taken back. Andria dyed her hair ebony back, got colored contacts that would slowly be absorbed into her eyes, and a new wardrobe. And this was just the beginning of her plans.

In the meantime, another search party was underway within ten minutes. Back at the castle, Lucifer and Lilith were panicking. They started their part of the search by looking in her room for clues to where she might've gone. They first noticed the torn family photos and their broken photo frames. Anything related to her existence as a royal was left behind. As they searched, they found a notebook on Andria's desk. It was similar to her diary, which was missing. Within the notebook pages was only a sample of what was in her diary. It detailed everything she had never told them: all the frustration, the loneliness, the suffocation from being overprotected, and much more. But there weren't any indications of where she might've gone. The king and queen were stunned. They had never thought things would've even reached this point. But the unspoken words made their mistakes very clear.

One week went by. Andria had settled into a new life in the Lust Ring. She had already done a few interviews to make her own money. A month later, she had her own house. She finally had friends. One day at work, she overheard s group of patrons talking about her parents. It made her sick. But then she caught something else. They were talking about a time long before hers. This was the first time Andria had heard about Charlie, the first Princess of Hell. She was stunned. She stayed within earshot and pretended to be busy. What they heard was shocking. That night she wrote a lengthy letter home. Andria didn't include her address, new name, or other self-identifying information. Not that she needed to. Mom and dad knew her handwriting.

The next day, the unmarked letter was received. It was full of shock, rage, and disbelief. Lucifer and Lilith were relieved to know Andria was alive. But her letter finally made them realize everything. They should have told her the truth. They shouldn't have let their fear of losing her overrule her happiness. While they thought they had done everything to protect her, it had only driven her away. And it was unclear if she was ever coming back.