Lucas

Lucas walked into the office building and sat at the secretary's desk. He sighed. This was so boring. He knew I.M.P wasn't exactly popular, but the services were ideal for the demonic denizens of Hell. One would have expected jobs to come in almost daily, especially from those with vendettas against someone in the living world. But that wasn't exactly the case. Lucas grumbled as he drummed his claws on the desk while scrolling through his phone. Blair walked in after a few minutes and headed up to her office. It was a slow day until after lunch. A few demons came in with jobs. Lucas directed them upstairs, and soon, they had a series of assassinations on the calendar. It was good to see some action on the agenda. Lucas offered to take two of the requests himself. Blair wasn't too sure. But she knew her hellhound secretary needed to let off some steam. So, she let him handle his selected jobs as he saw fit.

A week later, I.M.P was in the living world. It was a beautiful day for murder. They split up and went off to take care of business. They met up after about an hour with bloody body bags and headed back to Hell. Usually, they debriefed after jobs like these. But there was no way Lucas was talking about it this time. He turned in his reports and walked out. Blair let him leave. She could sense that something dire had happened. And pressuring him would only shut him down more. Still, she told him he could talk to her about anything. As his mother, she was concerned. Lucas left with a huff but knew he could count on her.

A note from the author

This name was tricky. At first, I had chosen "Crescent" as the name for male Loona. I liked it because, as a more wolf-like hellhound, she/he would be out at night enjoying the full moon. Then I realized it would be better to keep the same first letter and settled for a common name.