Strika Part 2: Musical Showdown

It was another full house at Ozzie's. The dancers were shaking like earthquakes, the food was delicious, and the man himself was overseeing his stomping grounds from his private booth. When it came time for the dancers to take a break, he realized there'd been a mistake in the schedule. He had double booked. Both Moxxie and Striker were listed as the next show.

Asmodeus looked down to the stage in time to see the two walk out from either side. Of course, the two had never gotten along. And here they were again. Striker grinned and hissed. He loved toying with his targets. This was just like hunting for his clients. It was a game for him. But to be honest, Striker was there to play an original for his wife. He wanted to thank her for agreeing to give him a family. Moxxie glared. He wasn't the strongest or most powerful. But he was no pushover either. He had come to play for his wife tonight. And nothing was going to get in his way.

Asmodeus appeared as the two stood in the center of the stage. Not wanting to ruin his lovely establishment, he suggested they duet and turn this into a musical battle. Both Millie and Verosika were sitting up front and watched. Like their husbands, they weren't exactly friends either. But they weren't at Ozzie's to fight. Asmodeus pushed the two apart. The wives exchanged looks. They stood up and called out. A duet was preferable to ruining their date night. Striker and Moxxie were not thrilled. But, for them, they agreed. Now that it was settled, Asmodeus disappeared back to his booth. There wasn't any question as to what song the two would be playing. It was a classic every demon across the seven rings knew by heart. Striker and Moxxie were excellent on their own. But together, they were astounding. Despite having contrasting styles, they harmonized perfectly. They even covered for one another. The duet was a hit. Asmodeus observed the crowd's reactions. The enemies were good for business.

After the song, Striker and Moxxie had to acknowledge one another's skills. Their wives were the first to stand and applaud. Asmodeus was pleased and thanked them for their performance before asking them to return at some point. Striker and Moxxie locked eyes. It was a mix of glaring and mutual respect from one demonic musician to another. Eventually, they agreed. After all, their wives were happy. Thus, an encore was promised, and Ozzie's had a new program on the agenda.