You can't be Saved 1

A tiny shack. It was only one big common room, two bedrooms, one bathroom, and a storage closet. It was sad. It was pathetic. It could barely classify as a shelter. But given Catherine and Georgina's lifestyles, they didn't deserve anything better. By now, many demons knew about them. They knew how disgusting they were. They were nothing but lowlifes. Nobody in their mind would ever help them. When parents saw them, they immediately moved away and covered their children's eyes. Catherine and Georgina had been like this when they were alive. And they were the same now. Unlike some, they hadn't learned. Thus, they were doomed to suffer forever. But they had brought it upon themselves.

Catherine was curled up in one of the small bedrooms. She hugged her knees to her chest and shivered in the cold. Her collection of crystal figures sat on the rickety shelf. It was one of the few things that had come with her to Hell. She gazed out the cracked window and sighed heavily. She knew her afterlife in Hell could improve. She just had to change one thing. But it was impossible. It was something she could never let go of. In the end, being miserable was of her own making. And there would be no end to it unless she fixed herself. But that would never be.

Georgina was out foraging for whatever scraps she could get her claws on. As the stronger demon, getting food was usually up to her. It was tiring and extremely dangerous. But she had no choice. She did what she could, from stealing, begging, and dumpster diving. But it was rarely enough. On good scavenging runs, she got enough to make half a meal. On bad runs, all she got was half-eaten snacks. She got into many fights every day and took plenty of beatings from thugs and store owners. But that's how it was for someone like her.

On the rare occasions when Catherine and Georgina went out together, everyone jeered and whispered behind their backs. It could have been called tragic, but it honestly wasn't. They knew what they were. They knew why they were hated and laughed at. It all could've been avoided had they only been normal. What a shame. They had been so miserable in life because they had decided on a little something and stuck with it. Death had done nothing to teach them anything. And now their afterlives were equally tortured and tormented. But it served them right.