Goetia Family Night

Paimon blinked as he set the phone down. He had been relieved of all duties for the night. His wife and queen Octavia walked up behind him, holding their son Stolas in her arms. She had arranged for him to have the night off. While she understood that his royal duties were invaluable to the Goetia race, he was also a father. He had responsibilities to his family as well. Being king was no excuse for neglecting his family. Octavia smiled and placed a talon on her husband's shoulder. Paimon should have known she had set everything up. He also knew that he couldn't argue with her. With a heavy sigh, he gave in.

Octavia had already planned everything. She had made dinner and selected a movie for them to watch. In addition, she had been teaching herself piano and how to sing. Paimon sat along for the ride and fidgeted. He had to admit. This was nice, and he was grateful to his wife for putting everything together. But he still felt unfilled. He was a man (demon) of the workforce. He needed to be working. Of course, Octavia knew he wasn't completely enjoying the evening. After all the effort she had gone through, this was the thank she received. But she kept on for her son. Stolas rarely saw his father because of his duties. Sometimes it was like he didn't exist. Octavia wasn't having it. Paimon needed to be part of his son's life.

Octavia sang Stolas to sleep. She smiled. To her, he was a son first and prince second. Too bad Paimon didn't see their boy the same way. She found him at his desk working. She narrowed her six eyes. This again. She was fed up with him. Had he only prioritized his duties over her, that would have been one thing. She could handle that. But she could never forgive him for neglecting Stolas. The only time Paimon spent with him was training him to inherit the crown and marry a princess. Octavia shook her head and left. She knew there was no reasoning with him.