The Lamb Part 1: A Cult Hazbin Started

Bella struggled as she cried out. She was on the brink of ritualistic sacrifice. The hooded figures surrounding her began chanting. Just as the final verses were about to echo through the woods, something unexpected happened. A portal opened underneath the altar. The stone slab vanished, and the ground closed as if nothing had happened.

Bella opened her eyes to a blood-red sky and dark sun. She shrugged her bindings off and sat up. This was no longer the surface. This was Hell. Whatever reason for her being sent to Hell, she was grateful. This was far more ideal than the fate that had nearly befallen her. Bella felt something heavy upon her head. It was a small, black crown with a single eye. She grinned, feeling power surging through her body. Now, this was more like it. As much as she wanted to test her abilities, she needed a house first. So, she set out to make herself a place to call home.

Over the next few months, Bella learned about the crown's powers. It was incredible. The crown could become whatever weapon she wished. She quickly favored a sword or axe. Her crown also had a mind of its own. It knew what she needed. It knew what she wanted. Bella eventually heard about the endless turf wars. By now, she was formidable. She had been laying low for so long. Now it was time to make her name known. But wars took soldiers. And before that, she needed a bigger place. So, Bella upgraded. She moved to a new location. She built everything from a training ground, bunkers, and a mess hall. This base was only temporary in the long run, but it had to be fully functional. Next, Bella sought out allies. She targeted lower-ranking demons since they would be easier to convince. It wasn't long before she gained their favor and had many followers. Bella trained her underlings quite strictly. They were already good fighters. But they needed discipline. Training took many more months. Thankfully, Bella was a patient leader. She wanted to be sure that they were ready.

The day finally came. Bella led her follower into war. She wanted this plot of land. And it was going to be hers one way or another. There were many casualties, but they won. After treating the wounded, the corpses were burned. Bella and her remaining followers moved in over the next week. Life was good. Bella had her dream turf and an army at the snap of her fingers. She kept her place in order and took down any demon who tried to take over. Sometimes, these wars were on 666 News. It was quite an honor. Well, kind of. Katie was still a complete bitch.

As Bella's power grew, more demons joined her side. Some of them were mid-level. With all the new followers, the need to expand came. Rather than seek unnecessary bloodshed, Bella opted to revamp her second dwelling. It was quickly rebuilt, and the newest followers made themselves at home. Bella appointed one of them as manager and checked in every so often (portals helped with travel).

Bella hadn't forgotten about the hooded figures who had tried to murder her. They were on her list. And it was finally time to cross them off. After making an announcement to her loyal followers, she sent herself to the living world. It only took hours to hunt them down. Bella wasted no time in getting her sweet, sweet revenge. It felt so good. With nothing left of her would-be executioners, she returned home. Bella's followers welcomed her home with food and offerings. She smiled and held a celebration. Of course, she didn't tell her followers what the special occasion was. It was better if they didn't know.

As time passed, Bella met a rather interesting demon who had run into her territory while running from a group of demons. He had her curious. Bella helped him out by slaughtering his pursuers and listening to his story. Sensing great power within him, she offered him a position as her follower. He agreed. Bella discovered that there was much more to him. The possibility of an heir or heiress before long.

A note from the author

This short is a crossover with the recent game Cult of the Lamb. I started watching playthroughs and got a bit of inspiration. For this short, there will be one big difference in the universe of Hazbin Hotel. Since the game's characters are anthropomorphic animals, this short will include them alongside Humans (think of The Bad Guys). Since many sinners become animal-like demons upon falling into Hell, this would not be a problem. Next, I made the Cult Leader a female (according to the Wiki, it is "Genderless/Unknown") for this short and named her Bella for convenience.