Cynthia Cyanide

There was a new catty demoness in Pentagram City. She was sassy, sharp, and rich. Her name was Cynthia Cyanide, and she knew how to drink. One day, she strutted into the hotel after hearing about a successful young bartender. The barman caught her eye as she sat on a stool. He introduced himself and took her order. His name was Husk, and he was one of the few feline demons around. Since it was a slow hour, they started talking. Eventually, Cynthia asked him out. Husk had never cared for dating. But something in him had recently changed. So, he agreed.

After a few dates, the two became seriously involved. Husk told her about his daughter figure Melanie Malice, the famous brewer. Curious, Cynthia asked to be introduced. Although hesitant, the cat barman agreed. To his relief, they got along. Melanie was glad that her father had found someone. But she couldn't stay long. The Lust Ring was waiting for another shipment of booze. Cynthia asked Husk to move in with her (she moved quickly in her relationships). Husk, while surprised, agreed. He had been living at the hotel since he had started working behind the bar counter. But now he had a chance to have a real home. After some thought, he accepted her offer.

By now, the hotel had been renovated and now had an auditorium for all kinds of performances. Cynthia took it upon herself to become the starting act each night. She was quite the singer, and the house was packed. The hotel became more popular as word spread. Demons even came from the other rings to see her perform. Cynthia even trained up 'n coming stars looking to make it big in show business. Sometimes, Angel Dust joined her for duets. After all, he also knew how to work a crowd. Charlie didn't mind that demons came just to see the shows. It helped spread the word about her hotel. That was enough.

After half a year, Husk and Cynthia married. They had a good personal and working relationship. He gradually grew soberer as she helped him overcome his addictions. He was already on the road to redemption with Melanie's help. Now he could see it clearly. For the first time, Husk believed that he had a future.