Imp Goeita Prologue Part 2: We Meet Again

Many years had passed. Stella was now married as the Goetia elites had intended for her and her husband. Striker was the best assassin in the Pride Ring. He had made a big name for himself and never failed a client. They hadn't seen each other since that last night in the park. But neither had forgotten their fleeting evenings together. It had been so long. The only thing he had of hers was a pale pink ribbon. All she had of his was a faded, rusty-colored ascot. Both kept these locked away, and for good reason.

Finally, Striker decided to visit Stella. He knew where she was and let himself in. Naturally, she was surprised. Neither had expected to see each other again. She knew about his occupation as an assassin for hire. And he was well aware of her prejudice against his kind. But that's not why he had barged in unannounced and uninvited. He still liked her (maybe???) if he was being honest with himself for once. There were just some things that needed to be cleared up. With his favorite gun pointed at her, Striker strode up to her. Stella was still in shock until the click of the barrel snapped her out of it. She sat back down.

As a savvy businessman, Striker knew how to talk. Both of them knew she wasn't happy with where she was. That was the price of being a wealthy elite. They didn't get to choose their lives. Striker scoffed, seeing Stella in such a state. He hated the rich. But he didn't hate her, not entirely anyway. As they caught up, neither mentioned the single memento they had kept all these years. The somewhat awkward conversation turned to ways to end the marriage. For the Goetia, divorce wasn't an easy option. The elites would never allow it unless extreme circumstances and solid evidence existed. The system had Stella trapped. Striker, however, was a free and self-made man. He tipped his hat with his gun. There was a solution. All she had to do was call upon him if she wanted to make a deal.