Chapter 24: Tenmongaku The Moon Hashira

You sighed and covered Isamu's mouth, Haganezuka glaring daggers at him as you hissed and looked pleadingly at Kanamori, who huffed, "can we not do this so loud? Everyone already heard the marriage proposal." He begged them as Haganezuka began muttering and Isamu pulled his head away, clicking his tongue angrily.

"My love life isn't your business as it stands, Isamu. Not that I really want to say yes." You scratched the back of your neck, "what brought this one anyway Haganezuka?" You nodded to him.

"Look how beautifully that fan is crafted! You take care of your own swords and you planned the weapons we just made - you can smith and you clearly love it, you've been my client for this long and we've known each other for so long so of course, who else will come to my level of adoration if not you!?" He reasoned in a quick ramble you had to sit and process.

"Ah well, I'm occupied with my own ambitions to simply get married in the middle of it all." You excused and rested a hand on your hip, "though you aren't so bad yourself. Alright fine, if, and only if, Muzan dies and we're both alive to see that happen... I'll marry you." You offered as a compromise.

"The chances of that..." Isamu chortled condescendingly.

"Okay!" Haganezuka nodded confidently and went rummaging around for a moment. You watched along with some of the village who came to see the commotion - he pulled out a string of metal wire and went to his smithing table. He simply continued smithing after that compromise.

How very Haganezuka of himself. You turned to Kanamori who hummed and crossed his arms, "if you do get married, will you have a ceremony? Or are you traditional?" He leaned forward and looked at you.

"What difference does it make? I'm a samurai, no?" You nodded to him and he sighed in realisation, nodding as Isamu sat there as the shock sat within him.

"Take this!" Haganezuka plunged the glowing wire into the pall of water, which he pulled out and dried. You took the bangle he made for you. "To remind you that you made that promise." He wagged his finger at you as you looked at it and cringed. Jewellery was uncomfortable for you to wear.

"Yeah, I'm not wearing this. And I didn't promise anyway." You rejected and pocketed the bangle.

"Hah!? So cruel! Are you trying to take back on what you said!? You witch!" He accused you, as Isamu stood up and got between the pair of you. He was shorter than both of you though.

"I don't want you marrying a man who calls you names like that." Isamu looked at you genuinely and put a hand there, "as my sensei and friend, it worries me. All jokes aside. Do you know what you're doing?" He nodded to you slowly as you patted his shoulder.

"Of course. Now let's continue." You nodded outside, "where is your new sword?" You looked at him and then to Kanamori, who left to get it.

"Are you taking back your promise!?" Haganezuka called.

"I didn't promise anyway! Now be quiet! Continue smithing, you're so loud." You tutted and left with Isamu, "I'll still need you for Isamu's training!" You called as his protests were blocked out. You walked down the paths with Isamu following behind you as Kanamori rushed with the sword in a box. You let Isamu open it and grin at the result as Haganezuka appeared to see the sword change colour since it was a sword he made as well.

The sword grew the reflective purple you knew it to be and he smiled, swinging it a bit. He bowed a thanks to both of the swordsmiths and you left later that day after running an errand for Kotetsu.

Isamu played with his new sword like it was a new toy he got. You watched it work into how he moved perfectly. It was like this was what he was waiting for.