Chapter 16: Meetings

Tokyo was never not busy and bustling with people. It was always crawling with people trying for one thing and getting close to the other. You just needed to scout for demons and get it over and done with. You didn't find any that easily - it would be difficult in a crowded area - but you still searched.

The streets were incredibly crowded and you dodged anyone trying to bump into you or pickpocket you. You would have slipped into an alleyway but you decided not to. Then, someone pointed at you. You were looking around and spotted them pointing at you excitedly. They looked familiar. They approached you and you recognised them as the man who helped you with the train wreck a few months ago. He smiled at you.

"We've met again! I never got your name last time... and I do like yourself without the heavy makeup." He complimented as you nodded and looked off to the side awkwardly. He looked in that direction, "what are we looking at?" He queried and you scratched your cheek.

"I'm currently looking for demons... I'm on a mission so I really can't stay long." You excused yourself and tried to walk away. His friend who arrived took a hold of your sleeve and you pulled away.

"You're a demon slayer?" He asked, genuinely. You nodded and walked away, "have you met a Yuna Mizuchi!?" He called. You turned to look at him, confused. No one outside of the Corps knew you and really, the only people you spoke to often were Gyomei, Kagaya and Ubuyashiki. So not only was someone outside of that talking to you, but they also knew your name. But you had a mission to go to, so you waved at him and left, blending into the crowd. But it was strange - who was he?

You listened out for something, the sound of demon blood. It wasn't anywhere nearby. You wished there was something to fight. Then, it was heard. Two demons. One staring at you. A tall lady, she looked more human than a normal demon. And she wasn't feasting. In fact, she didn't even seem... ravenous. You couldn't unsheath your sword in the crowd so you stepped away, if she was an imminent threat - she would follow you for the blood. There was a pub you walked into, seeing no demons. Well, you bought a drink and left, in the alleyway was a demon. At last.

It looked up at you slowly and reached forward, you slapped its hand away and looked around. No one. You decapitated it with a bored expression.

Kagaya was clearly trying something, he made you stay with Kyojuro for three whole months. And his first order to you was patrolling the city - where most demons didn't even roam because of how bright and crowded it was. He was holding you back. Hopefully with good reason. You hadn't seen him for three months, not that you cared but you knew with his age, he was going to die soon. Well, that would be the second generation of Ubuyashiki you lived through.

There were demons mainly lurking the alleyways. You'd kill them, since you couldn't be bothered transporting the bodies. Except for the last one, which Yaku took for you.

And then, you felt the demon behind you. With ease, you turned around and expected to duck under an attack. But it never came. It was the demon woman and a boy with her. He looked around while she stared at you.

"A demon slayer..." she looked at you. You raised an eyebrow.

"Yep, and you're a demon. Which does mean I should slay you." You pointed out. She put her hands up,

"I wanted to ask for help... I'm not under Muzan's control... and I can see you have a distinct motive to kill him." She offered, you sheathed your sword.

"I thought Nezuko was the only one but alright, you sort of demons interest me. What's it you need help with?" You nodded. She looked at you up and down, growing serious.

"Don't refer to Lady Tamayo as a "sort"! She's one of a kind!" The boy exclaimed at you angrily. You pointed a finger at him.

"He isn't one of Muzan's demons." You listened, "in fact he sounds like a sick boy." You cringed and stepped away.